Pictures of Members' Systems

I am sure you said a 1m Gibertini ??

Me reckons the big boys here are going to fall upon you like a ton 'u bricks.

And you want receive how far west.... with an east? facing aspect. [read: imagining from the current dish position] Cue: Mother sized pole.

When do you move again? (joke) LOL.

.
 
Heres some pics from our member digi24 who is based just outside Athens

He says:

On the right
a have a 1.35X1.25 Gibertini using a humax 0.3db lnb
pointing to 28.2/28.5 (unable to receive 2D and the
fixed beam of Eurobird). The dish on the left is a
triax 1.1m using 3 lnbs of Alps (o.3db) for 13,16 and
19.2. The Alps lnbs are famous when you want receive
satellites that are very close to each other (as in my
case) bcs these lnbs are very thin !
 
Televes uk stock those alps lnbs under there own brand of televe:) s,

It is cold hereO-no i wish i was in athens now:)

Nice setup btw,


Analoguesat said:
Heres some pics from our member digi24 who is based just outside Athens

He says:

On the right
a have a 1.35X1.25 Gibertini using a humax 0.3db lnb
pointing to 28.2/28.5 (unable to receive 2D and the
fixed beam of Eurobird). The dish on the left is a
triax 1.1m using 3 lnbs of Alps (o.3db) for 13,16 and
19.2. The Alps lnbs are famous when you want receive
satellites that are very close to each other (as in my
case) bcs these lnbs are very thin !
 
think those f connectors need some waterproof tape around them if it ever rains in greece
 
My dish a 1.2m prime focus antena with a Invacom 0.3db C120 lnb, the motor is a sa58 H-H which is a little to small for the size of the dish. Its seen a couple of winters now but it keeps on going with the odd tweak here n there

The dish was given to me by my uncle, it came off of a roof top in Ibiza.

View attachment 9188

and on the other end of it I have a Newwave 9000 BP MKII receiver my positioner is a SuperTrack DP-6600.

I also have a fixed dish pointing at 28.2 east. I got the 80cm dish with an lnb from the local dump for £5 bargan I think. This dish has got an old Amstrad DRX200 digibox conected to it.
This was also my first dish, originally I had it connected to an analoge box, I used to move the dish between 19,13 & 5 east
 
wod said:
think those f connectors need some waterproof tape around them if it ever rains in greece

Yes they do - I pointed it out when digi24 emailed them to me - hes going to deal with it :D
 
Nice setup,

satscaner said:
My dish a 1.2m prime focus antena with a Invacom 0.3db C120 lnb, the motor is a sa58 H-H which is a little to small for the size of the dish. Its seen a couple of winters now but it keeps on going with the odd tweak here n there

The dish was given to me by my uncle, it came off of a roof top in Ibiza.


and on the other end of it I have a Newwave 9000 BP MKII receiver my positioner is a SuperTrack DP-6600.

I also have a fixed dish pointing at 28.2 east. I got the 80cm dish with an lnb from the local dump for £5 bargan I think. This dish has got an old Amstrad DRX200 digibox conected to it.
This was also my first dish, originally I had it connected to an analoge box, I used to move the dish between 19,13 & 5 east
 
rolfw said:
Looks good martz, apart from the T&Ks being the wrong way around, T should be at the top, having said that, I normally use two K brackets and a T for that sized dish.

sorry to drag up an old topic, but practically everywhere i see has it how i have mine, is everybody getting dodgy installs or what???
 
I had to have a go at installing my own dish when I heard about the goodies on Art Sports.

I got the dish and LNBs for £1.71 off of eBay, though I did have to go and pick it up.

The LNBs point at Astra 1 and Hotbird and combine with a diseqc switch. I get just over 1400 channels when I scan both Satellites

Big bolts, big tube, it aint gonna move, to date I have a whole week without going up the ladder to have a jiggle, I think we are sorted for the time being :)
 
nice shall get some pics of mine as finally got it setup today
 
phazblade said:
I got the dish and LNBs for £1.71 off of eBay, though I did have to go and pick it up.

I can beat that!!! Same dish aswell, one LNB though, it was free!!!! :D

From a skip of course, and in perfect working order after a clean and a minor reshaping round the edges, just need a house I can attatch it to without having to beg my landlord.... :(
 
my system triax 88cm dish, edision 0.2 lnb, moteck sg-2100a diseqc motor, webro wf100 cable and techomate tm-1500ci reciever

so it ok for first timer ?
 
Looks pretty good to me, although I'd be tempted to tape your co-ax cable to the mount and cleat it to the wall but maybe you took the photo after tightening the last nut and did the taping afterwards??

Looks fine to me. :)
 
yes i just need to clip the cable to the wall and maybe get a new mount as the dish is at 28 east in that pic
 
some pics now its tided up
 
I miss that english brickwork pattern. Had it in Bradford. ;)

Looks like a nice and tidy install WOD.

I'll hazzard a bet that there'll be a few comments on the bracket though.

Like mine, hehehe. Already looks like there is a little distortion already. That raised area in the centre of the base looks a bit scary.

I would be tempted to go the whole hog and fill in ALL the holes. Small screws with large enough washers type thing.

Suffice to say, I think it looks smashing :-DOH2

.
 
barmoo

yeah i know but thats the bracket the sat man recommended and its rubbish the dish in the pic is at hotbird 13east and can only go to 28east with about 4inch from the wall

that raised area has always been there.

i was in a rush really and bought the bracket as i was eger to get the kit up

i do have some scaffold poles so will redo it later
 
I've noticed in this thread that these scaffold poles are become quite de rigueur.

I simply must get hold of one myself :toke:

How far west of 13°E can you go ??

.
 
well got to 15west so far as i dont want to take out the sky dish but would say about 30west probably not really tried
 
Back
Top