Pictures of Members' Systems

wod said:
very nice frank well done

so do you get 42e-45w ?

Hi wod...no, furthest east is 33 and west is 8...the tree blocks anything further west at the moment. Having said that, the only one i would be intersted in further west is Hispasat but I can get all the Spanish channels I want from 19.2E :)

Actually I find that 28.2/28.5E, 19.2E and Hotbird are the only ones I tend to use regurlarly...the rest get very little use!...so I'm very pleased with the set-up:)

Any movement on setting your CM up yet?

I'm also toying with the idea of getting a vantage receiver.

Frank
 
Am running the 1.2 version of your system Frank with a TD (sigh!!) and a top spec Vantage (Big smile!!) Can whole heartedly recommend these Vantage receivers. The blind scan is second to none!
 
staffspeted said:
Am running the 1.2 version of your system Frank with a TD (sigh!!) and a top spec Vantage (Big smile!!) Can whole heartedly recommend these Vantage receivers. The blind scan is second to none!

I can get the vantage for £119 at the moment...too good to pass up!
 
is that the freeview built in version ?
 
wod said:
is that the freeview built in version ?

Yes it is wod. That means I could get rid of the Freeview box....fewer boxes, less cable.
£119.95 to be exact!
 
staffspeted said:
Am running the 1.2 version of your system Frank with a TD (sigh!!) and a top spec Vantage (Big smile!!) Can whole heartedly recommend these Vantage receivers. The blind scan is second to none!

I've just finished setting up my dish this weekend. I am quite disappointed by my Vantage, the picture quality is quite poor. I get faint zig-zags moving across the screen. It looks really bad compared to my Sky box. It even happens on the menu pages. I've tried playing around with the media settings but its still the same. Not sure if its faulty or normal as I don't have another non Sky digital receiver.
 
michael01707 said:
I've just finished setting up my dish this weekend. I am quite disappointed by my Vantage, the picture quality is quite poor. I get faint zig-zags moving across the screen. It looks really bad compared to my Sky box. It even happens on the menu pages. I've tried playing around with the media settings but its still the same. Not sure if its faulty or normal as I don't have another non Sky digital receiver.

I can't see that being normal as reports on the vantage are very good and I'm sure that would have been picked up. Are you sure all your connections are good and have you used good quality cable?

I may be corrected here, but I'd say the picture quality depends more on the quality/size of the dish and then the lnb and cable more than the reciever, although the receiver is of course important.

I'm sure some more experienced members will be able to point you in the right direction.

Mind you, looking at your set-up it all seems good stuff :confused:

Frank
 
frankg4553 said:
I can't see that being normal as reports on the vantage are very good and I'm sure that would have been picked up. Are you sure all your connections are good and have you used good quality cable?

I may be corrected here, but I'd say the picture quality depends more on the quality/size of the dish and then the lnb and cable more than the reciever, although the receiver is of course important.

I'm sure some more experienced members will be able to point you in the right direction.

Mind you, looking at your set-up it all seems good stuff :confused:

Frank

I'm pretty sure that it is not the equipment or the setup as the quality is poor on the menus. I've tried using other scart cables. I'll see what happens when I use the scart cable from my sky box on the vantage because the quality on that is fine.
 
could be a faulty receiver, has the receiver been tried on another tv to see if the problem persists ?

also could be a faulty scart cable or interference from a scart switching box if one is used
 
go and get ClarkeTech receivers...they are smoothie :)
 
changed my dish setup around a couple of weeks back and now get 42east to 58west

much better since it been raised 2 feet higher
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    79.7 KB · Views: 276
That is an improvement, hope the neighbours don't object or does it just look worse than it is? ;)
 
its been up for 2 weeks and nothing said about it so all good. the channel master dish i have would have got something said i think as its massive just too large for use on the wall
 
wod said:
its been up for 2 weeks and nothing said about it so all good. the channel master dish i have would have got something said i think as its massive just too large for use on the wall

Decided against the CM then wod?
 
well yes for the time being
 
Heres my Orbital 1m dish pointing at 16E with 2 additional lnb's (23E in the middle and 28E from the yellow cap) Note the yellow cap lnb is held in place with garden wire as the top of the clamp was missing out of my junk box. :(

I was hoping to get 26E on the yellow cap, but couldnt find it - maybe that lnb is just too far off beam.
 

Attachments

  • orbital1.webp
    orbital1.webp
    72.7 KB · Views: 212
  • orbital2.webp
    orbital2.webp
    53.7 KB · Views: 202
And heres a lash up with a second lnb on my 13E dish to give me Eurobird 9 at 9E :D The upward facing zip ties are an attempt to stop the birds perching on the lnb.....

The left hand lnb case isnt cracked - the air up here is so clean theres lichen growing on the case!

Edit - I can also get a couple of the stronger Eutel W1 tps on the lashup lnb, so when Ive got a nice day over the Christmas holiday I will take it all apart again and try to optimise it further.
 

Attachments

  • 9e lnb.webp
    9e lnb.webp
    173.1 KB · Views: 353
Looks good Ross no matter how you fixed it - as long as it works!

I remember replacing a friends single output LNB for a dual one and lost one of the nuts and bolts and put a cable tie in place to just secure it - then forgot about it.

Still in place now - even after he sold the house!

Leigh....
 
Well - after it has taken me ages to get my backside into gear, here are two images of my outside setup here in Stoke on Trent;

First one is 'almost' finished job - before I realised I'd left a clump of coax fastened to the wall mount (Sky installer's excess!).

OH - NOTE THE GRAY RAWLPLUGS THAT HELD THE SKY DISH IN PLACE! ALSO NOTE THE ABSENCE OF ONE (JUST UNDER THE BOTTOM OF THE DISH) WHERE THE INSTALLER TOTALLY SCREWED UP AND JUST BODGED THE PLUG INTO THE WALL, PROBABLY HOPING I WOULDN'T SEE HIS BAD WORKMANSHIP AND THE HOLE HE HAD MADE FOR ME!

(I actually mounted my dish using some of the original Orange rawlplugs that held the late 1990s Sky dish and added some of my own holes and plug/bolts - if it looks like I haven't used enough - trust me - I have as I can hang on the wall mount!)


Second one is view from above with my own added extension to get the 28.8E LNB far enough across the holder to see the satellite on the dish itself.

(The rubbish in my yard is my recycling - whereas the rubbish in my neighbours yard is just that - rubbish and a right mess - note the utensil used to catch rice they wash down their sink!)


Not too sure if the LNBs are the wrong way around and need swapping and I need to reposition the dish (missing some channels from 19.2E) - but I get good signals on both 19.2E and 13E plus huge signals from 28.8E so not tempted to touch at the moment!

The twin-LNB feeds my Samsung 9500 in my office and the dual-output single-LNB feeds a Thompson Sky box in the lounge and a Grundig in my office.

LNBs are 'Lemon' ones and work okay for me and the dish is a 90cm - all from fleabay!

Someone has offered me a 120cm dish and analogue receiver this evening - old and motorised - just wondering how far I can push the wife before she offers to hit me over the head with it!

Leigh.....
 

Attachments

  • 11112007315.webp
    11112007315.webp
    184 KB · Views: 300
  • 11112007316.webp
    11112007316.webp
    109.5 KB · Views: 285
Back
Top