Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
yes, I thought that.....:-lmao

A thought, you could spray the dish to camouflage it.

coloured pony

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA only , sl 65 comag,80cm motorised sited
1300Ft in highest village in Wales,next door to coed llandegla.
My Location
Bwlchgwyn,Wrexham County
Oh you are so anti PC, the poor guy is suffering dwarfing syndrome
this is an effect of watching too many slapper on the couch channels.

Message for Rai, I take it you wont be on the picket line outside the
refinery, fantastic shot on the tv of one hairy Hi Ti with his finger
in the direction of Al Italia DC3s.

Fantastic garden,

Bob

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, I'm sure a bit of spray paint will make the dish TOTALLY disappear into the surroundings.:-rofl2

Yes , garden's a bit of a mess Bob, so my wife tells me.:-rofl2

Unfortunately, that little house, really is my workshop.:-rofl2

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Great pics Robbo!:-righton

djsimo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800, Gibertini 1m dish with 0.2db LNB,OpenMedia 500 cs (dk Image),Skystar 2 DVB card+ProgDVB-S2EMUv1.28.1+VPlug
My Location
Kettering, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Just to add the pictures of my new dish, after I had to take the 1.3m one down due to a complaint as mentioned in my other thread.
So here is the picture of my Gibertini 1m dish on a Dark Motor, it is pointing @ Hispasat 30oW in the pictures.

Attachments

• 16022009130.jpg
    16022009130.jpg
    401.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 16022009129.jpg
    16022009129.jpg
    433.8 KB · Views: 156

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands

coloured pony

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bwlchgwyn,Wrexham County
djsimo said:
Just to add the pictures of my new dish, after I had to take the 1.3m one down due to a complaint as mentioned in my other thread.
So here is the picture of my Gibertini 1m dish on an Als*t Dark Motor, it is pointing @ Hispasat 30oW in the pictures.

What is the wind like from the West,does your home defend the dish,
I must say neat and tidy, Bristol fashion,well done.

Bob

coloured pony

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bwlchgwyn,Wrexham County
Robbo said:
Yes, I'm sure a bit of spray paint will make the dish TOTALLY disappear into the surroundings.:-rofl2

Yes , garden's a bit of a mess Bob, so my wife tells me.:-rofl2

Unfortunately, that little house, really is my workshop.:-rofl2

So Robbo you really are dwafing.

Bob

djsimo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 800, Gibertini 1m dish with 0.2db LNB,OpenMedia 500 cs (dk Image),Skystar 2 DVB card+ProgDVB-S2EMUv1.28.1+VPlug
My Location
coloured pony said:
What is the wind like from the West,does your home defend the dish,
I must say neat and tidy, Bristol fashion,well done.

Bob

If it is too windy ie gale force, i leave it facing Hispasat, so it doesnt get battered, apart from that no probs with the wind.

coloured pony

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bwlchgwyn,Wrexham County
djsimo said:
If it is too windy ie gale force, i leave it facing Hispasat, so it doesnt get battered, apart from that no probs with the wind.

Interesting, I can not do that, as 30W would face the west and aim
the dish at the gale, i leave mine on 28e so its, well half and half,mines in the garden, must do a pic. Also who complained about your big dish
neighbours?

Bob

djsimo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
coloured pony said:
Interesting, I can not do that, as 30W would face the west and aim
the dish at the gale, i leave mine on 28e so its, well half and half,mines in the garden, must do a pic. Also who complained about your big dish
neighbours?

Bob

Not sure could of been the local nosey parker across the way, but a "to let" sign went up next door just after, so could have been the letting agents.

Either way I still have a dish up just slightly smaller.

coloured pony

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bwlchgwyn,Wrexham County
djsimo said:
Not sure could of been the local nosey parker across the way, but a "to let" sign went up next door just after, so could have been the letting agents.

Either way I still have a dish up just slightly smaller.

Either way, if you had a statutory notice served, that is remove it
in 28 days, or then apply for permission in retrospect, you have an
absolute right to see who complained,the complaint must be in writing
and the Council would tell the complainant that you would have the right to see the letter.This is to stop mischief making.

If it was just a visit and a word in the ear from the Council,then the
Council official will have just brought it to your attention, Anyhows in planning law the Council Official should have given you the option,

In Wrexham we have big dishes everywhere and the local Council
Wrexham County Council, place this low priority, due to the numbers
of East Europeans, almost every spar has a 1.5 meter dish without
planning. You must have had a young too over enthusiastic official
visit you. Unless here in Wrexham its a listed building etc, no problems.

Bob

PPS, A few Sly reps have been known to travel around and

complain, I have spelled you know who Sly , otherwise on this site it highlights Murdochs outfit and you get an advert.

djsimo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
coloured pony said:
Either way, if you had a statutory notice served, that is remove it
in 28 days, or then apply for permission in retrospect, you have an
absolute right to see who complained,the complaint must be in writing
and the Council would tell the complainant that you would have the right to see the letter.This is to stop mischief making.

If it was just a visit and a word in the ear from the Council,then the
Council official will have just brought it to your attention, Anyhows in planning law the Council Official should have given you the option,

I didnt know that you could ask who complained, It was a 28 day notice to remove the dish, and they stated that I could apply for planning permission but they doubt it would be succesful.:-Nooo

I have attached a copy of the letter but edited out my details for obvious reasons;)
Just to add all the dishes round here seem to be under 1m, but one house not far away has four Viasat dishes on the front.

Attachments

• img028.jpg
    img028.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 231

coloured pony

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bwlchgwyn,Wrexham County
djsimo said:
I didnt know that you could ask who complained, It was a 28 day notice to remove the dish, and they stated that I could apply for planning permission but they doubt it would be succesful.:-Nooo

I have attached a copy of the letter but edited out my details for obvious reasons;)
Just to add all the dishes round here seem to be under 1m, but one house not far away has four Viasat dishes on the front.

I have written two long responces as a seperate item,but this web site
wont let me get it to you, ill have to do it again tomorrow.

Bob

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
djsimo said:

... they have actually quoted the act wrong, there is no such section as s. 171A ... they meant Section 172, part 1, subsection a)... and that section/ subsection of the 1990 act might even be superseded by now, although I doubt it's meaning will have altered materially (apart the new dish sizes) and the new regs that came into force in October re new permitted developments on extensions etc...

I wouldn’t 'play' with them though… even though they’ve quoted it wrong … you're always better trying to work with them and the (latest) act towards the essence of what’s wanted…. A bigger dish has a better chance if you have done a lot to make it more acceptable re: positioning, minimising steelwork, painting it & the steelwork to match surroundings ..

And/ or … put the big dish hidden in the back garden on a temporary mount (not fixed) and a smaller dish over the roof from the back. You only actually need a bigger dish for a few sats/ beams.

coloured pony

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bwlchgwyn,Wrexham County
In the reply I was saying the wording from Kettering Council is very poor,,as far as putting a warning on the land registry,that can only apply after a coviction in court,they are talking building an extention,this can take years after appeals.
here,also insurance is nothing to do with them also,unless you mortgage or rent from them, no attention to detail on the council letter,in fact as Pedro says, this letter is not valid,wrong acts quoted.
Anyhow as you have taken thre mast down,and yes better to hide it,if someone as complained and your name is on the Council data base,be it e mail or whatever, under data protection Act,you have the right to see it. Its all a mesh mash, that letter was written by a junior without any
attention to detail, the guy with 4 masts, have a word see if hes been targetted,also the quote in the letter,if you apply in 28 days in retrospect,cost you £250 to do this,the Officer would inform the lay planning Committee to refuse it, but you could attend and state your case. Ill bet there are many bookies in Kettering using 1.5 meter dishes without permission. There is also a lot of thought,that if a big dish is seen its for soccer,pubs etc and like you the spys will list addresses and get paid, unless it was a neighbour ,anyhow good luck,have a look at Kettering Council web site,planning/sat dishes etc,see what it says, then be well armed.

_http://www.kettering.gov.uk/site/scripts/google_results.php?q=satellite+dishes+planning&ie=&site=&output=xml&client=&lr=&oe=&filter=0

Bob

guest poster

registered
Reaction score
I read that letter with tongue in cheek too, especially those references in the last para..hmm... (but that would work on some folk!).

At the end of the day, if it was installed on the front of the house & with that open green to the side, ie- very highly visible... then it was only a matter of time ...

but.. there probably hasn't been a real test case yet...

I can't see the problem of a big dish in the grounds of a property discreetly located requiring expensive planning permission where so many other things don't size v size... like scruffy garden sheds, falling down greenhouses... :)rotary washing lines:)... etc..

but if there was a highly publicised test case then it might back fire and just make it a lot worse all round instead... so it's probably better carrying on and just try to keep it all as discreet as possible ... it's what they want ...

btw.. we often see local council's interpreting central government regs wrongly in letters, leaflets & online, so read their site but also the official regs. It can be really useful to know more than they do.

coloured pony

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Bwlchgwyn,Wrexham County
Fully agree Pedro, I ended up knowing more about the regs than the Council,
its also where its sited, colour of house etc, some Sat Dishes are painted in
colours that make them look bigger, and those that advertise Triax etc,only
draw attention. if it can go at ground level its better & more hidden,otherwise
paint the dam thing the same colour as the house,including the holder.

Message to the Mods, sorry about the link,I thought I had disarmed it.

Bob