Pictures of Members' Systems

Markjose said:
This is my motorised system 68cm penta digit 45e - 30w. Finallygot the pictures up :)

The zone 1 for 5w as i am trying to learn french.

MarkJose

Very nice!

Did you re-engineer the 5W installation in order to get the correct (near zero) skew, either by setting the dish off the horizontal or by some other jiggery-pokery?

Or did you just leave it at the minimum allowed by the Sky LNB design?

Edit: On looking carefully at the pic again, the dish looks as if it is cunningly fixed off the horizontal, but I might be being deceived by the perspective.
 
Tivù said:
Very nice!

Did you re-engineer the 5W installation in order to get the correct (near zero) skew, either by setting the dish off the horizontal or by some other jiggery-pokery?

Or did you just leave it at the minimum allowed by the Sky LNB design?

Edit: On looking carefully at the pic again, the dish looks as if it is cunningly fixed off the horizontal, but I might be being deceived by the perspective.

Thankyou the motorised one gave me so much greif!

Yes i have done that and just tighend the bolts back up, moving the dish off horizontal is a easier option then making mince meat of a perfectly good LNB! And gives me readings as high as 98% quality. I had that zone 1 on a motor for a while that was funny but did actually recieve a number of satellites which had shocked me. I have a zone2 i might put up for 30w at some point in the near future if spanish national channels go fta :).
MarkJose
 
Llew said:
Nice pics. The zone 1 will grow larger if you water it well :D

Thankyou! Very funny

Satelliteman Thankyou. Tha motorised setup gave me some problems! Not 100% if alligned correctly but it is working at the moment :)
 
Tivù said:
That's odd ........... 5W is around 2dB stronger up here than 28E, and you are only a wee bit down the road !

SWMBO also uses a dedicated Zone 1 for it and it gets full bore massive signals even with inaccurate skew (due to using a Sky LNB).

Hmm. I suspect it's a combination of a horrible dish and my bad pointing (I have more of a knack for the east ones as I've pretty much memorised the position for them) You have got me curious now though (gah, going to be a good 6 weeks before I can try it out - My equipment is at my parents house)
 
mich181189 said:
Hmm. I suspect it's a combination of a horrible dish and my bad pointing (I have more of a knack for the east ones as I've pretty much memorised the position for them) You have got me curious now though (gah, going to be a good 6 weeks before I can try it out - My equipment is at my parents house)

Well Have a go as long as the central part of the zone 1 is fine then you should be ok. Also i was like you never picking up any west satellites, just try moving off the horizontal like what i did and it picked up nicely!
markjose
 
my dish - it has never let me down.
 

Attachments

  • Image000..webp
    Image000..webp
    200.2 KB · Views: 145
Koto said:
my dish - it has never let me down.

That's great news ............. no bad storms in Romania?
 
the only storm that frightens me is a wind storm...fortunately my dish wins every time; shall I mention that I bought it in 1993?
 
Koto said:
the only storm that frightens me is a wind storm...fortunately my dish wins every time; shall I mention that I bought it in 1993?



No, I shouldn't bother ....................


Drat, you already have! :D


Bought in 1993 and installed the same year?
 
Hi buddy youv got some gear,i ain't got a satellite dish yet as i live in a tower block and not allowed one im searching for a dish that will work through bouble glazing i face due south,it's a bit daunting with so many different comments it's a lot of money to fork out if it don't work,you seem to know your stuff any suggestions please.Best regards..Bobysocks
 
bobbysocks.

I got astra 2 through double glazing here on a 1m dish. Ok not all channels (ie 2D) but I am a long way from you. You can still end up with some extra useful channels even if you dont get them all. The only prob you may have is if you have Pilkinton K glass. I believe that really degrades the signal. Probably unlikely to be if windows more than 6 years old. Anyway, get down to your local boot sale and get a cheap dish and box and give it a try!
 
OMG, it is my very first posting here :-)
Hello world !

My new Triax TD 78 cleaned by the raindrops :-)
It is pointed at 5°W and receives 4°W as well.
I am using Triax TSI 005 LNB.
 
Looks a nice job.

Welcome to the forum.
 
Welcome to the forum nordligvind. Nice dish, looks very good :)
 
Thank you for your warm welcome, guys ! I am extremely happy to be on board with you ;-)
It is always easy to find helpful information here.

And here is my previous dish, that has been damaged by my previous ISP technicians, about two weeks after I left their services :'(

Well I decided to install my new dish on my terrace and not on top of the residential building like previous one :-)
 

Attachments

  • 663609001_jJbXC-L..webp
    663609001_jJbXC-L..webp
    31 KB · Views: 138
nordligvind said:
And here is my previous dish, that has been damaged by my previous ISP technicians, about two weeks after I left their services :'(

What a pack of morons!

nordligvind said:
Well I decided to install my new dish on my terrace and not on top of the residential building like previous one :-)

Perhaps you could add a disecq motor to your new dish. It should be safe on the terrace. :)
 
I am actually watching French public TV channels all the time in order to improve my knowledge on French language, so maybe I shall put a motor at some moment later ;-)
 
nordligvind said:
I am actually watching French public TV channels all the time in order to improve my knowledge on French language, so maybe I shall put a motor at some moment later ;-)

Likewise for myself and my wife ........ but we are blessed with massively strong reception from Atlantic Bird 3 at 5W and only need a tiny dish for it.
 
Back
Top