Pictures of Members' Systems

Here's a picture of my 85cm clear Metronic dish with monoblock mounted on a pole in my back room.

(Temp location until I get round to putting it in the garden.)
 
Nice one racingblueuk, this is the first picture of an internally mounted dish in our little gallery. :)

Of course you do realise that by calling it temporary, it must be left there for at least two years. :D
 
rolfw said:
Nice one racingblueuk, this is the first picture of an internally mounted dish in our little gallery. :)

Of course you do realise that by calling it temporary, it must be left there for at least two years. :D

Do you actually get a signal through the window???

@ Rod: Looking at your picture, it looks like the cable from the LNB might get pulled by the two threads sticking out if you move the motor to the side (happened to me)

@ Stick :
How you gonna mow that bit of grass now then? If you can't use a Stihl, use TNT :D
 
rolfw said:
Nice one racingblueuk, this is the first picture of an internally mounted dish in our little gallery. :)

Of course you do realise that by calling it temporary, it must be left there for at least two years. :D

Like the wallpaper? :)
 
I'll use scissors on the grass around the dish, it is temporary honest.. yeah right.
Thanks for the tip about the cable TG, I'll sort it out tomorrow...
I do like the clear dish Racingclub, it means you can see out your window !!
 
Do you actually get a signal through the window???
I get about 1200 channels from 13e & 19e on a monoblock. I assume this is quite good for an internal setup - but I'm a newb & this is my first sat system :)

Like the wallpaper? :)
Just bought the house (well a few months) - all rooms are in state of re-decoration - at least thats what the missus reckons :rolleyes: ......... just taken all the ceilings out as they were asbestos tiles. Me playing with sat. has not gone down well with everything else to fix as well......
 
I'm in exactly the same boat matey, been in for 4 months and only one room decorated yet, too busy sitting at home with a busted leg and fiddling with my dish setup.
Your pointing your dish at 2 strong signal satellites which your dish is obviously coping with well.
Looking at the view out your window it looks like you'll have a good East to West arc should you want to go motorised, interesting to see if you'll get 1 west from your living room....
 
Rod Hulls Aerial said:
I'm in exactly the same boat matey, been in for 4 months and only one room decorated yet, too busy sitting at home with a busted leg and fiddling with my dish setup.
Your pointing your dish at 2 strong signal satellites which your dish is obviously coping with well.
Looking at the view out your window it looks like you'll have a good East to West arc should you want to go motorised, interesting to see if you'll get 1 west from your living room....
I also wish I splashed out on a better spec receiver - I went for a cheap Fortec Ultra - which for the money seems an amazing box - quite surprised I could watch all the footy for free yesterday on Multi8. Quite fancy a Dreambox now tho.....
 
racingclubuk said:
Quite fancy a Dreambox now tho.....

LOL, another satellite monster is born. :D
 
racingclubuk said:
I also wish I splashed out on a better spec receiver - I went for a cheap Fortec Ultra - which for the money seems an amazing box - quite surprised I could watch all the footy for free yesterday on Multi8. Quite fancy a Dreambox now tho.....

Now you're talking!!
We need more in the dreambox section! Also with motors inside the house!
 
YES! More nutters! More motors! More Dreamboxes! More Houses? Yes! More fireman's poles in your bedroom...err ... YES, why the hell not!!!

Bring it on!
 
can someone convince me on the Dreambox? what shiny features will it allow me to get bored with?

I am presently bored with - 512k ADSL with Wireless, PS2 with 120gb drive, Xbox with 120gb drive, TiVo with 2x 120gb drives, SkyD, Freeview, X10 automation setup.......... :)
 
I can now see the added appeal of having a pole mounted inside your house...
I'm buying my wife "How to pole dance" for christmas !! ( my present of course :) )
 
ROFLMAO! You're ever-thougtful and original. I'm sure she'll love it!
 
I've ordered a crystal chandelier with the optional long fixing bolts.
 
dave branson said:
I am using the feed that came with the dish,assume that its IRTE.

Likvid
Attached is a picture of the LNB and feed which i intend to fit this weekend.
Have you any comments
Thanks
 
dave branson said:
Likvid
Attached is a picture of the LNB and feed which i intend to fit this weekend.
Have you any comments
Thanks
Have you measured the diameter of the feed hole in the feed and the LNBs so they are the same?

Otherwise you need an adapter plate between the LNB and feed so there isn't going to be a mismatch which otherwise might have impact on the signal.
 
Likvid said:
Have you measured the diameter of the feed hole in the feed and the LNBs so they are the same?

Otherwise you need an adapter plate between the LNB and feed so there isn't going to be a mismatch which otherwise might have impact on the signal.

Thanks Likvid,i will check it out.
 
Here's my setup my fav has to be skystar2 phillips 32in Doldy5.1 digital sound so much it can do.
and 1.2m mot/dish
 
Back
Top