Pictures of Members' Systems

Just for fun, this is "work in progress".

I present the "Homemade monoblock", Astra/Hotbird. Tuned with analogue receiver then tested digitally, works OK on 60cm dish.

The minidish is supposed to be 28.2/Eurobird, but for some reason I couldn't find it! More perserverance required!

Cheers

CTS
 
closetosoton said:
Just for fun, this is "work in progress".

I present the "Homemade monoblock", Astra/Hotbird. Tuned with analogue receiver then tested digitally, works OK on 60cm dish.

The minidish is supposed to be 28.2/Eurobird, but for some reason I couldn't find it! More perserverance required!

Cheers

CTS

Nice one Closeto, I always appreciate a bit of improvisation!! That Dual Bracket looks wicked :-righton
 
The winter is early here in Scandinavia, some picture of a Wavefrontier Toroidal T90.


DSCN3598.JPG


DSCN3599.JPG
 
Do you still get reception like this???
 
T_G said:
Do you still get reception like this???

Bet the picture's a bit snowy!
 
And i thought I had problems last winter when I got half an inch of snow on the dish faces. O-Ha
 
The weight of that snow must put some strain on the mount!
 
Ah,i can see why you're not getting a picture,theres a bit of rust on lower right bracket.
 
Likvid said:
The winter is early here in Scandinavia, some picture of a Wavefrontier Toroidal T90.

Likvid - have you ever thought of adding some kind of heated element to you dish face/reflector? I guess snow is a regular occurence in your part of the world. It wouldn't have to heat much, just enough to keep it above zero degrees (Celcius - not East or West!)...

CTS
 
rolfw said:
Well you know what they say about the mechanic and his own car. :) I believe the German expression is "The cobbler always goes shoeless". ;)

Rolfw

There is an English saying which is very similar "The cobbler's children always go worst shod".

smudger
 
Can I fill it with water and go swimming?

BGonaSTICK said:
You want to forget all those small dishes and get something like mine.

Think my elevation might need some tinkering though.



P.S. You should have seen the delivery van it came in!
 
To those that ridiculed my indoor pole (oo-err) - I now have my erection in the back yard.

As you can see (sorta as its misty) I'm quite close to the sea - so everythings starting to rust already. It gets pretty windy as well.....
 
racingclubuk said:
To those that ridiculed my indoor pole (oo-err) - I now have my erection in the back yard.

As you can see (sorta as its misty) I'm quite close to the sea - so everythings starting to rust already. It gets pretty windy as well.....


Hehe however small it is still an small erecti*n!! (can I say this here??Better insert an star so people won't recognise word!)

What sats do you get, I suppose the sides are restricted?
 
T_G said:
What sats do you get, I suppose the sides are restricted?

28e to 30w - probably be able to get more on the east side - but the hardware limit on the motor seems to be set & I not sure if I can be bothered taking it apart.......

straight ahead (perpendicular to the back wall) is roughly pointing at 13e
 
Nice one JD, you sure there are enough dishes there for you? :-lmao
 
rolfw said:
Nice one JD, you sure there are enough dishes there for you? :-lmao

Well I'm Irish with an Irish $ky sub and the wife is Moroccan with and ART sub.
Dish on the far left is 1.2 no name 25 euro fixed on 28.2 with a quad LNB
The next dish 40 euro Triax 110 motorised 28.2 east to 36 west.
The next Triax 90 cm with Astra 19 and Hotbird 13.
Finally the last one is a Triax 110 set on Arabsat 26

A question???
Is that it for MBC1 and 2 in Northern Europe on Arabsat 26 my wife is not happy!!!
 
Analoguesat said:
Nice setup there greenman.

Thanks for that,anything on MBC1 and 2 ???
BTW Having the dishes close to the ground is great for slight adjustments!!!
 
Back
Top