Pinnacle Sat Pro PCI - dish alignment

caseyjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax Freesat HDR, Dyon Harrier HD, Optex 70*80cm, Generic Quad-LNB
My Location
France
I am in France and have had Canalsat on Astra 19.2E no problem, had an analogue box pointed at AB3 and just recently installed an Orange box pointed at Hotbird – all work ok so it seems I am doing something right.

But I’ve just bought a Pinnacle PCTV Sat Pro PCI card for my HTPC and am having major trouble getting a dish aligned properly. All the software I’ve tried (Pinnacle PCTV, DVBDream and ProgDV:cool: expect you to already be pointing correctly at a dish, then run a scan for channels. I cannot see a real-time level meter in these programs (best I get it 58% signal, but 0% quality). I tried FastSatFinder and it comes up 0 for Signal and Quality no matter where I point the dish (did register a lot of noise on both for any TP below 11700Mhz though?)

I’m trying to get FTA from Astra 2 – with one dish now aligned at 5W, I have a pretty good idea where 28.2E is for the other one (used dishpointer for alignment). Just bought a new dish and LNB and swapped the cable for one I know works. Tested the TV card with the other dish and picked up a few channels so in principle all the kit works.

Am considering buying a Humax HD box at some point but wanted to ensure I could pick up something first.

Any ideas appreciated..