Plasma TV is pretty much cr*p

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
My bruv, who does house clearances, found this 15-inch, wide-screen Philips plasma telly in the house of a dead, old man.

Considering it was newish (about a year old), my bruv asked the relatives what to do with it...they said keep it, or throw it out.

There's nothing wrong with it technically, it's in fine working order.

But there's one thing. My sis has a plasma, and suffers from the same "fault" as this one.

It's ok, watching the telly looking straight on at it, but as soon as I stand up, or sit down, the screen goes all black, or nearly black.

It's pretty much impossible to watch, unless I am looking at it straight on. Is this normal, because it is irritating. I know my bruv gave it to me for free, but still, I reckon it's just the way it's made...no actual fault as such.

Thanks. ;)

B

beintot

do you mean lcd screen/tft rather than plasma?,didn't know there were 15" plasma screens.
i had a sony lcd about 3 years ago,cost a lot at the time compared to current prices,but was exactly like you are describing,dark at most angles,especially from a side angle.
most lcds i've seen these days on shop displays don't have the same issue.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Must be an LCD then. Sorry, for the mistake. But you know what it's like...bl**dy murder. :)

Sometimes, I feel like chucking the thing out. ;)

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
LCD's do take some getting used to. If you can't get used to it as a TV - use it as a PC monitor :D

Beintot is right in saying that the newer, larger, LCD flat panels (TV's) generally have a much wider viewing angle.

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
BarMoo said:
LCD's do take some getting used to. If you can't get used to it as a TV - use it as a PC monitor :D

Beintot is right in saying that the newer, larger, LCD flat panels (TV's) generally have a much wider viewing angle.

"Getting used to..." Yeah, I was thinking of attaching it to the ceiling, like one of those pervy mirrors. :D

Then when I lie down in bed, it'll be a perfect picture. :D

Plus, I did not know, I could attach it to a pc...hmmm....what an interesting forum. You guys certainly know your onions. ;)