Please Help Educate me On Cards for Footy

Paul2010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
Falkirk Scotland
Hi im new to the forum and have just been surfing through reading things . I originally came on the forum because I would love to set up my own motorized sat in scotland .
I didnt really understand anything at first but am picking some things up slowly . A few questions though . Once i have a sat and receiver do i need a cam and a card and can i use as much different cards as i want for example take a Tring card out and put in an Al-jazeera card or do i need different receievers ? Any help is much appreciated

Cheers

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You can in theory but it all depends if you can receive the channels.
Al Jazeera, 13E, is quite easy to pick up but Tring, 15.8E requires a slightly larger dish, probably a 1M is best, for your location.
I know a Tring card will work using a Conax Cam, in most receivers with a CI slot, and in several receivers, including some Technomates.

What football games are you interested in viewing?

Paul2010

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
Falkirk Scotland
thanx for the reply . Mostly Scottish but i like the odd premiership bundesliga and home nations internationals . Would i be needing a few cams and cards for that . I had allready picked up in another thread that 1m motirized is probably best for me . Is it just a case of researching the market and picking a brand , same with the receiever ? As long as there compatible obviously

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Scottish Premier League is on Al Jazeera (Hotbird). The card works in many receivers. It works fine in my Manhattan Plaza XT-M and Vantage 221. As well as SPL there is the Spanish "La Liga", Italian, French, Dutch, Arab, UEFA, and champions league, as well as a few other sports.