please help !

prasadb

Reaction score
i have recently moved from belfast to england
i have discontinued my sky subscription
my problem is that i am getting belfast free to air ' Ulster TV' instead of normal free to air as available in england
i have a pace digibox
please tell me how to configure the digibox to get normal FTA channels a sone would in england

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think there's much you can do I'm afraid, as only Sky can change what the card selects as its default channel group and they are unlikely to do anything with an ex-subscription card.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
prasadb said:
please tell me how to configure the digibox to get normal FTA channels a sone would in england

If your card has been cancelled it's a problem.

You could try this:

h**p://www.satalogue.com/section13/page3.htm

prasadb

Reaction score
thanks for the replys

will buying a new sky card off ebay help ? (keeping the same receiver)

gameboy said:
If your card has been cancelled it's a problem.

You could try this:

h**p://www.satalogue.com/section13/page3.htm

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Why not wait and see if you can buy one from Sky direct.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
prasadb said:
will buying a new sky card off ebay help ? )

The cards you buy will be the same as the one you have (cancelled) but free-to-air.

You could sell your card on eBay if is of no use to you.

Sky cards are matched to the box they are registered to (subscription cards). I am told they have your postcode included so that they can receive the correct news for your area on BBC and ITV but not sure if that is true.
I know that if you point a digital FTA receiver at Astra 2D you receive all the different BBC regional channels.

London also has it's own channel if you are interested (amazingly called the London channel).

prasadb

Reaction score
i just want the FTA - not the subscription

does sky direct sell FTA cards with no subscription ? am getting an FTA card on ebay for 36 quid.

rolfw said:
Why not wait and see if you can buy one from Sky direct.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It looks like Sky will be selling their own, although not guaranteed yet. You have to beware when buying cards on eBay, as not all of them work and it may not be for the region you want.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
prasadb said:
Does sky direct sell FTA cards with no subscription ?

Not yet but soon.

The cards on eBay are the same as the one you have.

prasadb

Reaction score
hi
does that mean they will still give me belfast channel (ulster TV) if i keep the same receiver (but with a new FTA card) ??

gameboy said:
Not yet but soon.

The cards on eBay are the same as the one you have.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
prasadb said:
does that mean they will still give me belfast channel (ulster TV) if i keep the same receiver (but with a new FTA card) ??

If you mean the new Sky card then yes if you get the card sent to your Belfast address.

The eBay cards are pot luck and as Rolfw says may be dodgy at best!

prasadb

Reaction score
i am living in england and i dont want belfast channels.
will the new card help ?

gameboy said:
If you mean the new Sky card then yes if you get the card sent to your Belfast address.

The eBay cards are pot luck and as Rolfw says may be dodgy at best!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The receiver doesn't know where you are, the address from which the card is ordered will determine the ITV version.

prasadb

Reaction score
sounds encouraging - then maybe i should give it a go with a card from ebay?!

rolfw said:
The receiver doesn't know where you are, the address from which the card is ordered will determine the ITV version.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I would seriously wait a week or so and see if the Sky ones become available.