Please Help

speedevilus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1000D + Skydish
My Location
Milton Keynes UK
Hi All,
I am sure you'd soon work it out that I am new to this so here comes my request for help.

I am using my existing SKY minidish, ran a brand new cable (Old Sky cable had a few joints) from it to my reciever which is a Technomate 1000D (Patched)

I have been trying unsuccessfully since yesterday to find Hotbird and although a few times it seemed it may be working I have had no lucjh whatsoever! Best signal I could get is picking up the UK channels which is not what I want at all. I have even used a Sat finder (Beeping Kind) and doesn't help at all. )(-red

I hav eused the SKY digital's position as a starting point and have moved it to any position possible but no luck!

Can you pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee suggest something? I ws told that from where the sky dish is it would only need a small movememnt to get Hotbird but this is not happening!

I hope you guys can suggest something to rectify this!

Kind regards

Andy

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Welcome to the forum speedevilus

You must understand that the Clark curve is just that a curve it is no good just rotating the dish without altering the elevation of the dish.
15.2 degrees is the difference so from behind the dish starting from 28.2 Astra 2, you need to rotate the dish 15 degrees to your right to the West and slightly up. Also have you tested the new cable you have installed, are you able to receive any FTA channels on 28.2 East

speedevilus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Milton Keynes UK
Hi topper,
thanks fo that. I think my big problem is that I live in a semi detached house and turning the satelite to the right is rather impossible and even if I used armextention it would still be facing tha wall so I think I should relocate the dish to somewhere with open air in front of it so I can have free movement to either side. Am I right? If yes then how much do I need to elevate this upwards?

As for the Cable yes it has worked as it did pick up lots of channels i.e. UK and Indian channels.

Relocating the dish is no easy task as I need to move it to the other side of the garden but I think this is the only solution unless you guys know anything that could resolve this!

Many thanks

Andy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can it not sit above the gutter and look over the roof?

speedevilus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Milton Keynes UK
Hi Rolf,
unfortunately there is no way that it could have a clear site to the right where it is unless i move it to the tip of the roof which is impossible so relocation seems the only option. However, my question now is do I move the sky dish with its LNB to the new location or do I just buy a big dish maybe motorised and put it at the new location?

What do you think?

Many thanks

Andy

rolfw said:
Can it not sit above the gutter and look over the roof?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Do you have very large trees in the line of site?, Bear in mind that from Astra 2 to Hotbird is only 15 degrees and the satellite is at over 2 in 1 elevation.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Dont forget that the signal comes in from above as per this picture

speedevilus

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Milton Keynes UK
Hi all,thank you for all your help, after much back and forth and taking your advice on board i have now managed to get hotbird. some of the channels are not very good quality, most are in foreign language and some are locked but it is working!!!! hurrayyyyy!!! I am sure in time I start learning how to best use it and what channles are good and whichones aren't! I am sure your help would be required again soon enough1 Once again thank you, all of you. Kind regards Andy