poor BBC reception for a week

annemarigold

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Will be Monte Pego on the Northern Costa Blanca
On a Thompson SKY+ HD box this last week or so and living in Surbiton the BBC reception has got steadily worse. Now it breaks up. 986 was Ok now it too is deteriorating (I use that one as originally from West
Country). All the BBC are affected including cbeebies!!

I'm not sure exactly the situation re subscription. 18 months ago it was a Sky+ HD full. A year ago my son-in-law left the home and seemed to have casncelled the subscription so we only get free to air but the Sky+ recording works (mostly!!!) ans so do some of the HD channels.

Any ideas? I've re-booted several times. Do we need to call in an engineer only funds now limited.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi, the problem could be caused by many things, it is a matter of sytematically checking each one, including

Dish-misaligned
Tree grown in the way
Dodgy LNB
Dodgy cabling
Faulty receiver.

Obviously start with things that are easy and quick and cheap to check.

annemarigold

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
OK so not a problem with the BBC signal then. ITV, ch 4 and 5 etc are OK.
I'd be surprised re a tree at this time of year. the rest I don't think I can check

annemarigold

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Well tonight we have no signal received on any BBC channel. The rest e.g. itv3 are as good as normal. Is that odd?

annemarigold

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Now we've lost ITV, ch4 and 5. Signal test shows no signal on 2nd channel, 1st seems OK. I'm recording Poirot on ITV3 which I can view OK. Looks like it's recording on channel 1 so maybe the other failing and has now gone. I guess an engineer is required. Anyone got any idea at all what it might cost - ball park?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK

jphili

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twin monoblock and twin LNB on 80cm transparant dish rigged for twin reception from HB Astra 1 and 2 + TopField TF 7700 HDPVR + TwinHan VisionDTV
My Location
BE
I've had 'weird' losses as well from time to time on Astra 2.

Since a couple of days, I'm unable to get anything from TP 10773 H (e.g. BBC 3/4). And that's after checking out the alignment.

Receiving others just fine, like BBC 1/2, ITV #, even BBC HD has signal Strength 99%, Quality 61% even though that TP has acted up on me already as well.