Powervu

daao10

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
amazonaz captive works700
My Location
ecuador
Hello I can see the satellite 58w that this in power vu am in the south of america and have a captive work 700, nesecito a few keys or a bin

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Forget it - PowerVu is TOTALLY secure and theres absolutely no way whatsoever that you can watch PV channels.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
hellodickie said:
Dear all,

let me introduce myself: I am a spaniard who resides in UK and despite liking british telly very much, I miss the odd spanish things (specially the footy). I have a satt. dish that picks signals from, amongst many others, Hispasat 30.0W. I also have a cheap technomate dek that picks most spanish channels but obviously can't decode (scramble channels), obviously they are scrambled with powervu. About a year ago I got hold of a powervu dek (from Germany!) on *bay...but I can't do anything with it. I've tried all possible combinations od freq, polarizations, symbol speeds,...etc. on my searches, but it does not pick a single thing.
Just a couple of things:
-Powervu does not require a card to work, but my dek has a smartcard slot and in the instructions manual says it is there for "possible future upgrades".
-In spanish forums there has been some chat about the possibility of connecting your dek to a pc and loading it with some keys that can be found on the internet...and apparently it will work then.

Has anybody heard anything of the subject?...

...and,...does anybody know if it is possible to LEGALLY ergister your dek with sciatlanta / powervu and watch your thingy legally? (provided reasonable price is asked for).

Thank you all, I wait for your replies and willing to help (if i can)

My advice is to stick it back on ebay. Unless you operate a cable head end operation you cant get it registered with Scientific Atlanta.

There are no keys or patches or hacks for PowerVu, and basically you are wasting your time trying to decode PV signals.

dvmedia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Orbital Motorised Dish, Fixed 65cm Fortec Dish on Astra 1, Fixed 45cm Minidish on Hotbird, Pace MSS500, TM-5600D CI USB Super, Nokia 9800s, Skystar USB 2, Grundig Sky Digibox, Manhattan Plaza XT-M
My Location
High Wycombe, Nr London, UK
hellodickie said:
Dear all,

let me introduce myself: I am a spaniard who resides in UK and despite liking british telly very much, I miss the odd spanish things (specially the footy). I have a satt. dish that picks signals from, amongst many others, Hispasat 30.0W. I also have a cheap technomate dek that picks most spanish channels but obviously can't decode (scramble channels), obviously they are scrambled with powervu. About a year ago I got hold of a powervu dek (from Germany!) on *bay...but I can't do anything with it. I've tried all possible combinations od freq, polarizations, symbol speeds,...etc. on my searches, but it does not pick a single thing.
Just a couple of things:
-Powervu does not require a card to work, but my dek has a smartcard slot and in the instructions manual says it is there for "possible future upgrades".
-In spanish forums there has been some chat about the possibility of connecting your dek to a pc and loading it with some keys that can be found on the internet...and apparently it will work then.

...and,...does anybody know if it is possible to LEGALLY ergister your dek with sciatlanta / powervu and watch your thingy legally? (provided reasonable price is asked for).

I don't understand why you are going on and on and on about PowerVu.. Spanish pay channels are not encrypted in PowerVu.

If you want subscription Spanish TV, you can pick up a Digital+ subscription for about £900 a year in the UK (just have a Google, or look at site sponsors)

Digital+ is not encryped in PowerVu, it's encrypted in Nagra 3 (but that's secure as well :))

The PowerVu set top box you have bought is useless and only good as a door-stop.

BombedOne

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Covering 30W-105.5E range, two motors, C and Ku band. Various receivers/cards/cams/etc.
My Location
Republic of Georgia
It's relatively easy to get 2nd hand PowerVU receiver at mid east basaar...
but they are generally hardwired to AFN channels, won't open anything more.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
dvmedia said:
I don't understand why you are going on and on and on about PowerVu.. Spanish pay channels are not encrypted in PowerVu.

Digital+ is not encryped in PowerVu, it's encrypted in Nagra 3 (but that's secure as well :))

The PowerVu set top box you have bought is useless and only good as a door-stop.

Some of the regional channels are PowerVu - especially the ones for the Canaries.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
hellodickie said:
Dear all,

Just a couple of things:

If you want to try for channels other than PowerVu, you need to put it in Non-PV mode.

In the OSD,

Go to Menu
Press Info twice
Press 4,0
This displays 'Fixed Pids'
Go to 'Tune Mode'
Press Select several times. This brought me to Non-PV or PV
Press Select Non-Powervu then 1 to save.
Exit.

That's how I did it with my D9234. Though why anyone would want to bother with the box without PV access is debatable with so many other STBs around now.

Nice picture though :)

Llew

Tho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
AZBOX ELITE HD
My Location
Switzerland
Sorry for bringing up this old thread.
BombedOne said:
It's relatively easy to get 2nd hand PowerVU receiver at mid east basaar...
but they are generally hardwired to AFN channels, won't open anything more.

I'm very interested in one of these, where can I find these? Are they activated?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Active PV boxes are rarer than hens dentures. Maybe a dozen have turned up for sale in the 8 years Ive been a member on the forum - and they have all been for the AFN channels..

theslydog

Reaction score
My Location
moon
TheDragonmaster said:
Sorry for bringing up this old thread.

I'm very interested in one of these, where can I find these? Are they activated?

They are fazing these old Power Vu boxes out and now using the D9865H and D9865D DVB-S2 boxes.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
it will be a while untill they phase out the old system.
probably 2016.
there is only one AFN hd channel and all the rest are standard hd.
ralph

theslydog

Reaction score
My Location
moon
ralphmagno said:
hello,
it will be a while untill they phase out the old system.
probably 2016.
there is only one AFN hd channel and all the rest are standard hd.
ralph

Probably but they are not selling the D9234 anymore only the new ones so hopefully when they swap to DVB-S2 all the old boxes will be gone. As more HD channels turn up people will want to ditch the old std boxes.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello to all ,
the power vu will no decript any other service only AFN.
Power vu will not receive anyones sports feed or news service or tv shows from any other country at all even if they do transmit in the power view mode.
just like a sky italia can not receive german sky,sky uk can not receive sky german or sky italia no matter what card you have.
even if you buy a afn power vu on e-bay and it is active,you will only be able to watch AFN.
and depending on when it was activated it will run afn for 4 or 5 years and will have to be reactivated by an
usa miliyary man, government worker from the usa or reitred military.
there is some american sports feeds that use the power vu encryption on different satellites and a activated power view box will not open up their service.
Ralph

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
mdt said:
the s.i.s. bookies service is encrypted in power vu on astra4a@4.8e, regards mdt

Yes but the AFN decoders arent any good for SIS or any other PowerVu encrypted service which is the point ralph was trying to make

G

guest_1

i know that they are pretty much useless m8 as i have one here (pulled straight from a bookies but untested as yet)but the op should choose his words more carefully to avoid confusion.. its all irrelevent anyway as we all know that the sci-at rack recievers with power-vu decoders built in are ota addressed and no better than a remote less fta box for general run of the mill viewing, regards mdt

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Analoguesat said:
Forget it - PowerVu is TOTALLY secure and theres absolutely no way whatsoever that you can watch PV channels.

Move the clock on 3 years and PowerVu is no longer totally secure, one of the more desired transmissions can be viewed using a suitably configured dreambox.

Regards
moonbase

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Interesting and thats the first info Ive ever seen that says PV can be opened.

I dare say that if it gets out into the wild Scientific Atlanta will tweak the encryption algorithms tho. :D

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Analoguesat said:
Interesting and thats the first info Ive ever seen that says PV can be opened.

I dare say that if it gets out into the wild Scientific Atlanta will tweak the encryption algorithms tho. :D

I did not say it could be opened, I said it was no longer totally secure, there is a subtle difference. A suitably configured dreambox, router and satellite dish pointed at the correct satellite allow viewing of one of the more desirable channels. Changing the encryption algorithm would not KO this method as far as I am aware, I could be wrong on that though?

Regards
moonbase

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I have never heard anything about any PV channels being "compromised". You are not mistaking this with BFBS, who are not using PowerVu, are you?