ppv

B

boothyw

can anyone help i have a nokia box and gold card all of a sudden i have lost all my ppv when i go to any movie ppv i get a little box at the bottom saying please wait then the chanel comes on but with a big blue box with all the details of the film eg:time started time finishing and i carnet watch the film any ideas on how to get rid of the box

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Pressing select twice used to get rid of it.

Rolf

B

boothyw

just tried that m8 it asked me for a parent code any ideas on what to put in

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The preset is 0000

Rolf

B

boothyw

i tried that m8 i came up incorect parent code so i tried 1234 it then came up ordered by phone or remote i pressed remote it then said rember to put the phone line in which is a dfinate no no if you have any more info it would be greatly appriciated m8 as im at a loss

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Hmmm, I think it may be that ITV are finally getting it right on the PPV protection. Don't know what to suggest, it was probably only a matter of time before they beat the available files.

Rolf

B

boothyw

cheers any way m8 tanks for all your help we can beat these rip offs by sticking together .......

L

liamo

about 2weeks ago i suffered with same problem programmed a number of cards with different files to no avail then problem just dissapeared,this happened after my box was updated friends living nearby but receiving signal from different transmitter had no problems,we all had cards with same files

C

CodeComplete

Parent code is taken from the middle digits of the box serial number.

P

prizebastard

try programming card with secanix5b all ppv's should retyou will have topress select twice

N

nicnic65

Go to Favourites. Make the channel that the PPV film you want to watch become your only favourite. For example, if the film you want to see is on channel 51, then make channel 51 the only favourite. Make sure the Favourites function is switched on. Go to your film channel (channel 51 in this example). The film is showing but the banner is there. Press channel up ( P+). You will get the error message that there are no more Favourites but lo and behold, it also removes the banner!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Sounds like we have yet another genius on board !

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I think what surprises me, is how these methods are discovered in the first place. There is no way on earth that in an effort to solve the PPV banner problem I would deliberately try that sequence. :)

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
When I was younger and testing analogue receivers for software bugs it was a case of mathermatical debugging (using time charts to verify the operations wouldnt overlap in the processor). Even after this it was standard practice to set up the unit, and push all manner of remote and front panel buttons in as many sequences as I could to get the things to lock up, then repeat with improved software strings until the bug was eliminated.

You remember the statistical idea of writing of the Complete Works of Shakespear ?

There appear to be a lot of monkeys out there

B

boothyw

cheers for that mate it worked a treat just goes to show the net is a wonderfull place to be thanks again :-)))

B

Benjo

Parental code is on back of origional card last four numbers of the longest number not the end 2