Premiere 19.2 Astra in Cyprus?

satro

Member
My Satellite Setup
Dbox1,Manhattan Plaza,Humax5400
My Location
south
Hello, Is it possible to get the Premiere PPV channels in Cyprus and what size Dish is needed.
Many Thanks:-worship
 
I get a lot of Premiere stuff on a 1.5m offset .Its scrambled on my receiver but the signal is good.
 
Hi

You can now receive some transponders on Astra 1g and 1h in cyprus now on a 80cm dish.This does include some premiere channels.

I dont know why they are extending the footprint on just some transponders.Its been like it for about 6 months now :confused:

Regards
 
80cm ? I doubt that you will have stabile reception on this small diameter. As far as i know 19.2E requires 1.80m dishes all over Cyprus although i heard of much smaller dishes (1.20m) getting quite a lot of frequencies. 4 formerly very hard to catch frequencies of Premiere required extremely huge dishes in the Eastern Mediterranean. Since their change from Astra 1F to 1G they are accessable for the broad mass.
 
True .I use a 1.2 offset for Dutch customers ,but just not big enough for certain german channels. Usually I use 1.8 offset for the Germans as it gets them okay in reasonably good weather, and because i have a few of these dishes from British customers who upgraded when bbc went to 2D.
Ps I get the P*emiere channels clear now.
 
So things are as i knew before. Thanks zorba.

Allow me just this OT question:
What is the minimum diameter to receive 30W (all frequencies) in Lemesos (Limassol) ?

I am aware that the elevation is quite low there but suppose below 2.40m things get hard especially on Hispasat 1D, right ?
 
Hi again

Only these transponders are receivable in cyprus on a 80cm at 19E

11739v 27500 3/4
11758v 27500 3/4
11798h 27500 3/4
11876h 27500 3/4
11954h 27500 3/4
11973v 27500 3/4
12032h 27500 3/4

I get a 75% signal on my tm 1500

Zorba if you have 80cm to test you will receive these no problem

Regards
 
deepbluesky said:
So things are as i knew before. Thanks zorba.

Allow me just this OT question:
What is the minimum diameter to receive 30W (all frequencies) in Lemesos (Limassol) ?

I am aware that the elevation is quite low there but suppose below 2.40m things get hard especially on Hispasat 1D, right ?

A good quality 2m might do it. I have a 1.8 prime focus lying flat down on my roof which i was intending to use for pas 4 @58e(for m-net s.africa) .I could try it for hispasat when I get time,but house next door might be in the way.
 
odellp said:
Hi again

Zorba if you have 80cm to test you will receive these no problem

Regards

Thanks ,I might give it a try out of curiosity.Where in Cyprus are you?
 
I am in Protaras
 
zorba said:
A good quality 2m might do it. I have a 1.8 prime focus lying flat down on my roof which i was intending to use for pas 4 @58e(for m-net s.africa) .I could try it for hispasat when I get time,but house next door might be in the way.

If you will try it some time please let me know if your 1.8m is sufficient.
 
Back
Top