Prime focus ku band lnb on 3m c band dish (old solid)

anoopnair

Member
My Satellite Setup
Meatsat , AGI R-5500D receiver, Windows vista PC.
My Location
Bahrain , Midle East
Prime focus dish not mesh D3020mm, d585mm, Fugi SG900lnb. Fringe area reception, How to start? Please help.
 
The Focal length (F) of your dish is 97.44cm giving you an F/D ratio of 0.32
A C120 lnb of your choice (Inverto, Invacom, MTI etc.) coupled to an Invacom ADF-120 adjustable feedhorn set to 6mm protrusion should work (this setting will give you the correct illumination). You might have to fabricate some sort of LNB holder if the ADF-120 neck diameter is not the same as your Fugi. Then it's just a matter of fine alignment. I use mirrors on my dish (pointed at the sun) to find a vague focal point, then ensure this point is just inside the neck of my feedhorn. I also use a laser pen with a home made insert in the feedhorn mouth to ensure the lnb is pointing at the centre of the dish.
 
Thank you for your quick response. now with this dish i am getting Insat 2E3B C band channels. I am trying to convert this dish for KU band (meatsat3). Fugi SG-900 having an integrated scalar ring. I purchased it yesterday. No clue how to use it.
 
Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought the Fuji was C Band.
 
Sg-900 Fuji (star gold) LNBF having integrated scalar ring. Is it will work with a .32 f/d aluminium sheet dish? Any body having expiriance? Please help....
 
Back
Top