Problem with DreamUp

mjsampaio

Reaction score
Hi, guys. I need help. My dreamBox is completly black, nothing.
I´m trying with DreamUp uploading the new image but i can´t. It gives the follwing error "Upload packet failed to send".
I comunicate with the Dreambox. I erased the fhlas with dreamup. I can do a ping. With Hiperterminal i can see the options inside the Box. DM500s

Can any one help me, please?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
mjsampaio said:

Did you do an erase first - this may clear the problem before you load the image - otherwise you won't have enough space.

Reaction score
My Location
Yangon,Myanmar
mjsampaio said:
Hi, guys. I need help. My dreamBox is completly black, nothing.
I´m trying with DreamUp uploading the new image but i can´t. It gives the follwing error "Upload packet failed to send".
I comunicate with the Dreambox. I erased the fhlas with dreamup. I can do a ping. With Hiperterminal i can see the options inside the Box. DM500s

use a null modem cable connect com port 1 on pc using cable to r232 connecter on dm500 the power socket not connected yet wait open dream up 500 press connect it says power up power up and it should send communication and ask for an img when u click flash simple

mjsampaio

Reaction score
With dreamUp i can erase the flash. It gives no error. But when i try to upload a image the progress indicator dont start.It says "uploading..." and a few seconds later "Upload packet failed to send".

I don't know what to do....

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mjsampaio said:
With dreamUp i can erase the flash. It gives no error. But when i try to upload a image the progress indicator dont start.It says "uploading..." and a few seconds later "Upload packet failed to send".

I don't know what to do....

Try another image as this one might be corrupt, Havent flashed to a dreambox 500 so dont know if flash wizzard would do. But if you can find out it would be better to use this programme to do a flash.

neethan30

Reaction score
john_graydon said:
Try another image as this one might be corrupt, Havent flashed to a dreambox 500 so dont know if flash wizzard would do. But if you can find out it would be better to use this programme to do a flash.
I am using dreambox 7000 and ru dream image, I am facing the same problem, I have been trying to write new files to var/scce keylist and various other folders, it won't let me, I can delete the files but when I want to put it back on it won't let me. I have been asked to delete files to save space (tried that), I have tried rebooting, now I am trying to see if a cross over adapter will work directly from pc to dreambox with the modem disconnected, just ethernet crossover between pc and dream box and nothing else not even the modem(trying to eliminate modem). been playing around with ftp for a while and still no luck ... any suggestions please...!