Problem with Fortec

KyleRickards

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA Fortec HD Satellite Receiver, minidish, only aligned to 28.2
My Location
UK
Hi all

Have been away all week, with power off to Passion. Returned home, turned it on, get the splash loader screen and then the box "Powers Off" - any ideas? Have unplugged, left well alone, added new channel list, redone loader and firmware - still nothing...

Edit - just spoke to Maplin who are collecting and attempting to repair, no stock in though so if they can't fix, I will get a refund - will miss that receiver :(

Thanks
Kyle

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well it sounds a bit like, but this is only a guess, that it is the protection circuit kicking in and shutting down the stb, I have only come across that happening when the F-connector terminations have a single thread of braid wire shorting to the central core, on either end of the cable, or the lnb F connector is not waterproofed with self amalgamating tape or there is damage to the insulating sleeve and water has begun filling up the cable causing a short at the stb end, the lowest point.

KyleRickards

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA Fortec HD Satellite Receiver, minidish, only aligned to 28.2
My Location
UK
Thanks Topper, have tried switching it on with lnb cable removed and still the same problem... Actually just tried it with every cable removed bar power and still shutting down...

Edit, put old versions of software on, receiver back on. Now updated with new versions again and fully restored - thank god!!

moonsat777

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FortecPassionHD, QualitvQS1080IR, VantageX201SCI, Motorised 1m dish, 8w to 28e
My Location
Wales
When starting the box from the main power button, I also get the splashscreen and then the box says 'power off'. Simply press the top red power on/off button on the remote. The box then powers up