problem with multi room

dj.mace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital multi room
My Location
england
i had sky multi room fitted 12 hrs ago one box working fine other displays unauthorised card this card was sent threw post from sky this morning how do i activate this card as i have already spent 10 pound mobile phone credit trying to get this problem solved with sky customer services and got nowhere any help welcome dj mace

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If you have multiroom you must have a landline so ring Sky on that instead!

dj.mace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital multi room
My Location
england
you dont have to have a land line with multiroom as i have multiroom but no land line any decent sugestions!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You have a problem there. BOTH boxes must be connected to the SAME OPERATIONAL phone line at ALL times during the life of the multiroom sub or you get 2 letters then nailed for 2 full priced subs - backdated.

Whoever installed itshould have warned you when he couldnt connect the phone line.....

If you have been told different then you have been told wrongly.

dj.mace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital multi room
My Location
england
it was sky and there engineer told both and both said its ok without land line

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
BOTH boxes must be connected to the SAME OPERATIONAL phone line at ALL times during the life of the multiroom sub or you get 2 letters then nailed for 2 full priced subs - backdated.

Second that :)

Multiroom subscription: Provides the same Sky TV channels as your main Sky TV subscription on a second box in another room. You must be a Sky TV subscriber at all times during your Multiroom subscription. Boxes that receive your first and Multiroom subscription(s) must all be connected to the same fixed telephone line at all times. An extra box is required for each Multiroom subscription. To receive Sky+HD in another room, you'll also need a second Sky+HD box and an additional Sky HD Pack.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
If its proper multiroom (A second identical sub in another room for a tenner a month extra) then whoever you have been talking to has been telling you wrong.

Its perfectly ok to have a one box install without a phone line, and if you buy your own kit then you never need to have it connected (UNLESS its for a multiroom install)

dj.mace

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital multi room
My Location
england
ok thanks i get onto sky again

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The reason for this is simple. Suppose you have a full Sky World sub at £47/month (Call it 50 quid to keep the sums simple).

You get multiroom for a tenner a month so you are paying 60 quid, Now you pass the box on to Auntie Flo in the next town, and charge her 30 quid a month for the pleasure. So instead of getting 100 quid a month from you and Flo they are getting 60 quid.... You are now both getting the full package for 30 quid :D

Multiply that loss up by a few hundred thousand subscriptions and it would be a huge loss of revenue

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
I don't think Auntie Flo would watch much Sky anyway :-rofl2

...to add to above also applies to taking the box and multiroom subscription out of the UK for that matter :)