problem with sky card

rui lucio

Reaction score
i have this message showing in my digibox when i try to see itv,ch4,5.
theres a problem with your viewing card.ensure your viewing card is correctly inserted.call your broadcaster for assistance.
the card its from ex-subscrition and has been outside the box from several months.i wonder if is desactivated or is some problem with the digiboxbox.I can get the regional bbc with the card indide the slot..and without card ,the bbc london epg101.
rui

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
rui lucio said:
I can get the regional bbc with the card indide the slot.

BBC channels are FTA (free-to-air) and will work without card.

Best to call Sky with the card/receiver number and they can re-activate or issue a new one.

rui lucio

Reaction score
gameboy said:
BBC channels are FTA (free-to-air) and will work without card.

Best to call Sky with the card/receiver number and they can re-activate or issue a new one.

so you think the card is dead.....no-active..and is not problem from the box

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
rui lucio said:
so you think the card is dead.....no-active..and is not problem from the box

If the receiver is still working (BBC channels) then it would point to the card being de-activated/faulty.

Only a call to Sky will tell you or trying another Sky card that you know works with the free channels.

You could check the card in another receiver.

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Has your box got the latest software?

rui lucio

Reaction score
yes...i did the download .its running 3.2 i think now...im getting a new card this week and i will see if is card or box problem