problem with USB hard drive

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I got my USB hard drive connected, buzt when I shut down the qbox completely, and then reboot, I get a pink display and it is stuck. When I remove the Hard drive, the box will boot.

This problem does not occur when I do a restart using the remote.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

Cheers :)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
T_G said:
I got my USB hard drive connected, buzt when I shut down the qbox completely, and then reboot, I get a pink display and it is stuck. When I remove the Hard drive, the box will boot.

This problem does not occur when I do a restart using the remote.

Does anyone have an idea what this could be?

Cheers :)

Hello T_G,
Did you connect it out of the box, or you formatted it first?
Check the format type that the Qbox usually requires. You probably can format it using one of the menus when it is connected and the receiver is operational.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
it is formatted in fat32, that's ok. I did manage to get information from another forum, they are saying it is a software problem Duolabs are aware of and going to fix it with one of the coming updates.