Problems with Badr 4...?

Zorch

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
TM 6800 HD Super+
TM 5400 SD CI+ USB
QualiTv QS 1080 IRCI MPEG-2 [4:2:2]
Fibo 1.20m x 1.35m Dual-Offset Gregorian Antenna [30.0°W > 57.0°E]
Inverto Black Pro
Aston DS 200 Interface
LG 42LD790 HDTV
My Location
NW Midlands, UK
Hi all,

Is it just me or is everyone experiencing very weak signals/no signals on loads of the Badr 4 transponders both Horizontal & Vertical...?

I have swung my dish and checked all the Astra transponders at 19.2°E and 23.5°E... and they all seem fine... so I know it's not my equipment at fault...

Has anyone else noticed this...?

Edit:
Most of them are coming back now... very strange indeed...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
I noticed that other day as aljazeera sport 1 has moved from 12034 badr 4 to badr 5.
 
Hi wod,

Thanks mate... the only frequencies still affected are 11.034H [27500] & 11.054V [27500]

I cannot get a signal lock on either of these...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
Those two frequencies aren't listed on flysat list for 26e.

Are you sure they are on badr ?
 
I think Zorch means 12034H and 12054H.

I don't have them either, must've disappeared?
 

Attachments

  • Badr 4.webp
    Badr 4.webp
    152.8 KB · Views: 69
Hi again wod,

I'm looking at the Flysat page right now for Badr 4/5/6 and both of those frequencies are listed as on Badr 4 [BSS Beam]

Edit:
Thanks Llew... 12.034 & 12.054 sorry about that wod :-DOH2

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
hi folks -
i have 12054 V 27500 ok here -
but not 12034 H 27500
using the 1.8 dish --
regards-
 
Interesting as I saw on flysat earlier this week that aljazeera sport had moved from 12034h to 11862v but that now says aljazeera sport news on badr 6.

What was on 12034h is also on 10890v badr 5 according to flysat.

Maybe any members closer to the footprint can put a Meter on and see if anything is there on them tps.
 
I can confirm 12034H and 12054V have indeed weakened recently. Also 12015V is slightly less than usual.
These three can not be received any more with my T-90, but they are still there with the 100 cm Triax:
12015V 7.5 dB, 12034H 5.8 dB, 12054V 6.0 dB.
For comparison, the surrounding transponders are about 9 dB.

Badr 5 or 6 never made it here yet.

Edit: the weakened reception centered around 12034H had me thinking, maybe there is iranian jamming going on again?
News ticker here: "Aljazeera is under interference on 12034 Arabsat".

_http://tech.aljazeera.net/frmFrequencies.aspx?lang=en
 
Hi hvdh,

Thanks for the extra information about the jamming... very interesting mate...

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
Hi again all,

I am receiving both of these frequencies again this morning... but they're still a bit weak...

12.034H [27500] 3/4 DVB-S [QPSK] 38.0 Mbps [BSS Beam]

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 97%
Signal Quality 52%

12.054V [27500] 3/4 DVB-S [QPSK] 38.0 Mbps [BSS Beam]

TM 5402 HD CI+ Super+
Signal Strength 97%
Signal Quality 50%

Best Wishes,
Zorch
 
No prob with 12054V Zorch. 12034H not quite strong enough to resolve though.
 

Attachments

  • Badr 4 12054V.webp
    Badr 4 12054V.webp
    257.9 KB · Views: 116
Signal quality not perfect, BER hovering off zero occasionally.
 

Attachments

  • Badr4 12054V.webp
    Badr4 12054V.webp
    69.3 KB · Views: 61
Exactly the same readings on 12054 V on my TM 5402 as you Zorch.
 
Back
Top