Problems with freezing/glitching..

t67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db500s
My Location
UK
Robbo71 said:
Yes, thats what I meant, just see if you can watch all the FTA channels OK without picture problems.
(exluding the low bit rate t!tty channels of course)
Right checked them m8,and nothing at all...Glitch free..No break up or freezing....
mhku said:
Is your lock up when using gbox? Try installing another emu e.g. CCcam, get the latest keys and compare the same channel using the different emus....

How much space is left in /var?
Yeh m8,its when I am running gbox..Not sure how I can find out how much space I have on /var..But on the memory info it says 3.6m free,if that helps any.sorry m8I will try n install another emu tonight as wont be back home til
late..Failing that will give it a go tomorrow...Cheers

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Are you also running any P2P software on your PC?

To check space (it needs at least 10% free, ideally a bit more):

Blue panel > addons > setup

t67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db500s
My Location
UK
mhku said:
Are you also running any P2P software on your PC?

To check space (it needs at least 10% free, ideally a bit more):

Blue panel > addons > setup
Sorry about that..My pc is not connected to my box at all,as it has a seperate modem connected to the dreambox m8..Ok,it says I have 1.4m free 50% used...
I tried to install cccamd and other last night but just getting an error when trying to do so...
This seems strange guys as I am watching Super sport1 on 13.e and I do not get ANY freezing/gitching at all and thats it been on for nearly 30 mins but when I go to a mature content channel on 13e it does nothing but freeze/glitch constantly..mmm,something just aint right...Also noticed and if someone could confirm this but when I sometimes go to 13e satelite and pick and channel,then select another channel on the same sat,it comes up saying that please wait til it goes to 13e?? Is that normal guys?Right whilst I was typing this there the Super sport1 just frooze,comletely stopped and sat like that for 10-15 secs and its running fine again...But atleast I can watch it,not like the other channels that just stop/start every 5-10 secs..I just hope that I can resolve this...Again thanks for the help so far guys,it really is appreciated:)

t67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db500s
My Location
UK
Also noticed that when I am on Tequila 19.2e(movie) its fine but the sports side of 19.2e is glitching/freezing...I cant understand how Tequila works fine and the sports dont on 19.2 and on 13.2e the sports work fine(well most) and the mature content isnt......This is bloody weird :confused

Premiere direct all channels freeze on 19.2 and also the premiere movies are the same..Cine+ seems ok,just the odd flicker but nothing as bad as the others...Now freezing all the time...Arghhhhhh

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
P2P software will use up your bandwidth. You're using gbox so the issue may be the speed at which you get the keys.

Try to install another emu and compare the response- this will help to determine the cause of the "glitches".

The message you get isn't right but Dreamboxes do that sometimes. And please try to use a few carriage returns in your posts to make them easier to read.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
why not just use Cccam? i'm no expert on this sort of thing but from what i've been told Gbox is a thing of the past.

U know you said yoou tried using CCcam and couldn't configure it properly but it's far easier to use and setup i'd imagine than messing about with gbox config settings etc.

you say you tried installing CCcam and got an error? you probably installing it wrong, persuming you have internet access then install via the blue button on gemini, if not go to the following website, stick the .tar.bz2 file in temp directory and install that way.

h**p://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com

t67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db500s
My Location
UK
Sharkadder said:
why not just use Cccam? i'm no expert on this sort of thing but from what i've been told Gbox is a thing of the past.

U know you said yoou tried using CCcam and couldn't configure it properly but it's far easier to use and setup i'd imagine than messing about with gbox config settings etc.

you say you tried installing CCcam and got an error? you probably installing it wrong, persuming you have internet access then install via the blue button on gemini, if not go to the following website, stick the .tar.bz2 file in temp directory and install that way.

h**p://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com
Hi m8,I tried to install it through the remote using the blue button,addons then download/install,cam,then I select CCCAM-2.0.4 ,then it says are you sure you want to install "tmp/el-CCcam_2.0.4_071021.tar.gz"
press yes,then erro addon install not successful..
I looked at the above website,but cant seem to find that file you mentioned..

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
@shark: if you need to use gbox you need to use it...

I'm not sure but 2.0.4 may be a bit flakey, try an 2.0.0 or MgCamd

On IHAD it's listed under "database".

t67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db500s
My Location
UK
mhku said:
@shark: if you need to use gbox you need to use it...

I'm not sure but 2.0.4 may be a bit flakey, try an 2.0.0 or MgCamd

On IHAD it's listed under "database".

Hi m8,right manage to get that file..I read above saying to put into tmp folder,but I cant figure out how I can install it?Really sorry about this but going round in cricles:confused

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Have you FTPd it to /tmp (the whole .tar.bz file? don't unzip it).

If yes, then go to

Blue Panel > addons > manual install

and install it. Good Luck ;)

t67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db500s
My Location
UK
mhku said:
Have you FTPd it to /tmp (the whole .tar.bz file? don't unzip it).

If yes, then go to

Blue Panel > addons > manual install

and install it. Good Luck ;)
Thanks m8,it was because I was unzipping it:-doh2right,I will just install it now..Then see what happens
Right,when I went into manual instal I could see it,but getting the error again when trying to do so...Any other ideas m8

t67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db500s
My Location
UK
Dont seem to be able to install it at all...I tried doing through the update button but wouldnt then tried using FTP client and updating that way but wont...I think matches and petrol are called for)(-red
Now thats strange,just tried it again and its let me install the CCCcamd...

t67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db500s
My Location
UK
Right,I have now been able to install that CCcamd but it wont clear I take it cause I need to keys but if I do FTP over the keys will that mess up my box cause its already running using gbox?

t67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db500s
My Location
UK
Right,I have now been able to install that CCcamd but it wont clear I take it cause I need keys but if I do FTP over the keys will that mess up my box cause its already running using gbox?

t67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db500s
My Location
UK
Just an update guys....I was going round in circles and decided best bet would be to get the professionals in and I dont mean the TV ones..lol
Anyway,the dish is fine as is the box,..The problem is 100% with connecting using gbox...The guy who I spoke to is a master with them and within 2 mins confirmed that its the problem...I appreciate the help given guys and sorry for all the stupid questions..Atleast I know that everything setup wise is fine,just need to see if I can get something sorted ...Thanks:)

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Installing keys for CCcam will not affect gbox.

Doing Post #20 would have also told you gbox was the problem... Does it do it when your PC is swicthed off (assuming you don't use dyndns and have a static IP address)?

t67

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db500s
My Location
UK
mhku said:
Installing keys for CCcam will not affect gbox.

Doing Post #20 would have also told you gbox was the problem... Does it do it when your PC is swicthed off (assuming you don't use dyndns and have a static IP address)?
I do use dyndns m8 and a static ip also...But my PC isnt connected to the box at all,as I have a seperate modem that I use for the DB..I looked in the thread about the keys but couldnt work out what I had to do...Is it possible to speak to you on MSN m8?