Problems With LG RH277H DVD Recorder

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
80cm Orbital Satellite Dish
Motorized
LNB with 2 outputs, 2nd output leading to upstairs and using Dreambox 500S.
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K Amp/Receiver,
My Location
Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland
I have an LG DVD/HardDrive Recorder Model # RH277H, the problem is, when I record a TV program or something from an old VHS tape onto the Harddrive, everything is great, untill i copy the recording from the Harddrive to a DVD+RW disc, the sound seems to be out of sync (just slightly) what am I doing wrong?? is they anything i need to adjust in the settings??

Also, everytime I unplug the recorder, when I switch it back on, i have to manually set the clock (which is really annoying)

Can anyone help??

Cheers,

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
Motorized
My Location
Still no answers???

There must be someone out there who has/are experiencing the same/simular thing...

or even any ideas on what to do

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I would suspect that as nobody has answered you that nobody has a similar model or is not experiencing the same problem thus has not got a ready made solution for you.
Is there nothing in the configuration and setup menu relating to audio setup?
Have you read the manual or indeed contacted the manufacturers, they may have a solution to your problem.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
I suspect Topper is right. I can only offer a possible answer.

Whenever an analogue signal is converted to digital there is processing of both the video and sound. The video processing is much more processor intensive and takes longer which inevitably introduces a delay. This can be seen on any live broadcast if you watch closely.

It could be that you are recording something which has already been through this process (maybe more than once) and you are finally seeing (hearing) an obvious difference.

Regarding your clock problem, sorry no idea except, perhaps, it isn't supposed to automatically update. What does the hanbook say?

marcaaron20

Dreaming Satellites
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD,
Motorized
My Location
I've also got a Philips DVD Recorder that I've had for bout 4 year now, have had no bother with that apart from the odd switching itself to standby mode and sometimes not recognizing the discs/DVDs, possibly due to how long I've had it, hence the reason to buy a new recorder, in the meantime i've been connecting the 2 recorders together to transfer me recordings from the harddrive to a DVD, using the RGB SCART inputs/outputs to ensure no loss of quality...
(theres always a way round things, lol)

Also will contact LG at some point regarding my problem..