Problems with my dish

D

dockerslund

ANNOYING!!!!!!!!
I've got a 1,2 meter motorised Channel Master dish.
Last weekend it was slightly disaligned, because I couldn't watch some certain channels on Sirius 3.
I went out and adjusted it with the help from my satellite beeper. No problems there. But 2 days later...it's disaligned AGAIN! And the weather hasn't been that windy.
So that means I can only watch TV1000, Cinema, Ticket and some other ones...but I can't watch DR1 and DR2 among other ones.
I can watch them, if I go out and adjust the dish with the beeper.
What's wrong? Do I really have to go out and adjust the dish nearly every day?
Please help. I'm getting a bit upset :-ohmy(

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Don't take this the wrong way .... but....

I think you might have a screw loose or something. ;~]

Regards

W. Hole

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Seriously Docker

The nuts and bolts do need to be VERY tightly secured.

Regards

W.H.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Yes i had that many problems in the past with the dish falling off the building that i made sure the one thats up now (slightly smaller) was trightly bolted to the point i nearly broke the spanner :)
It was a good job as a bunch of kids just recently threw a big chunk of snowball at it. I heard the dish clunk noise but the picture is still perfect :)
My signal strength is never that strong actually only ever really just in the green bar section on the software display being pc based card, which is ok. Yes you probably do have a screw loose :)

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Channel Master dishes whilst very good signal receptors, have a major failing of the polarmount in the bearings if not greased regularly.

This will not only affect the elevation (as the dish sags slightly) but the count of the motor is different from East to West as West to East

Worst of all, theres nothing much that can be done except drilling out the top bearing and getting a similar one from a machining shop.

D

dockerslund

I haven't got a polarmount though.
I've got a T&K mount (that's what I think it's called...sorry...don't know a lot about this yet).

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
If its a 1.2m is unlikely to have anything other than a polarmount behind it

The T + K refers to the brackets that hold it onto the house wall, garage, or chimney, shaped like a T and K, but not quite.

Read off all wording on the parts that you can see behind the dish surface and this should give some of us here a idea of what is what.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
I had many irritating problems with a dish similar size to 1.2
and decided to reduce the size of dish to a 90cm. i lost very few channels and was quite surprised thinking i would lose half of them. ofcourse this will depend on where you come from, is it germany?
is your dish on the ground or on a building?
i think dishes of this size are much better on the ground and easier to maintain. just make sure the dish still has clear sight of satellite arc.

D

dockerslund

I've got an AZ/EL mount.
The dish is standing on the ground.
Actually the weather has been VERY windy this weekend, but the dish hasn't moved. I went out and tightened the bolts again. Hopefully it will stay where it is now!
I still don't understand why DR1, DR2, TV3, 3+, TV1000 1, Cinema 1 and Viasatsport all dissapear at 7.30pm and then return at around midnight, but only for about 1 1/2 hour. Then they dissapear until next morning. This happens EVERY night.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Dear Dockerslund
Your first post mentioned 1.2 motorised

Now that its a confirmed fixed unit you appear to be suffering the same as all small dish users on Sirius. The signal from this satellite is reduced it seems early evening to allow only Northern viewers from seeing the pay per view movies and late night stuff.
You will need a larger dish

D

dockerslund

Hi Channel Hopper.
No, my dish is a 1,2 meter motorised (stabhh120) dish.
I emailed Tony at Hisat, and he said that I haven't got a Polarmount, but an AZ/El mount.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
My last point about the satellite is true regardless of the mount type

D

dockerslund

Aha.
Ok, I see.
Thanx for the info. I guess I just have to live with it then. :-ohmy)