Advice Needed Problems with new motorised set-up

A

Archive4

Just come down off the roof, having broken the u bolt on the motorised dish:(

Switched feed back to the Laminas 1200, so all ok for now. Will advise Dark Motor to use better bolts! But, had a problem before the bolt snapped. OK across the arc, but 45W and 68.5E both had pixelation. do I move the motor up and the dish down, or vice versa to get ITV HD, the only thing missing.
Do get pixels on 68.5 E and 45 W.

A

Archive4

Repaired the clamp bolt, but everything is out again now! Back to the start again. Going to put the " Birdie song " and " Didn´t we have a lovely time the day we went to Bangor " on a loop play on the roof, to remind me there are things I hate more than motorised dishes!
Will play more tomorrow, watching F1 highlights now, then rugby, followed by the wife´s choice, Downton Abbey!

A

Archive4

A polite warning to anyone about to reply, there is one song with Julie Andrews to do with beginings that annoys me more.
I do have an unused exocet missile, for emergency use!

TJExcalibur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Master Focus 90cm .Gigablue UHD Quad 4K on TM 2600 motor. *Tm 5402 HD M3, *Atemio Nemesis. *Not Used.
My Location
Southern England
A polite warning to anyone about to reply, there is one song with Julie Andrews to do with beginings that annoys me more.
I do have an unused exocet missile, for emergency use!
This is much more suitable.

A

Archive4

OK, I´ve gone back to the A B C ´s and now have the motor unit up and running again, but, I used to get ITV HD on 11097 V, but at the moment am struggling to get BBC South. The Laminas dish I´m using is the same as the fixed one I have which is receiving ITV HD on 11097 V and 11052 H no problem. OK, the lnb arm is slightly different, but I had ITV HD before I started trying to get 74.9 E and 45 W on the same system. Not sure where I´m going wrong at the moment, but suspect the 8th glass of " Sangre de Torro " is not helping the fine adjustment. Maybe I´ll try tomorrow!

A

Archive4

If at first you don´t succeed, have another glass of sangre de torro! Or maybe two or three extra.
Anyway, now have ITV HD on 11097 and ch4 HD on 11126. 2e spots have suffered, but have BBC 1 - 4, ITV 1 -4 etc. Figure if I move the whole assembly slightly east will get a good balance. That´s for tomorrow evening, or should I say this evening!

A

Archive4

Have decided to give up any further attempts to perfect motor set-up until I have a decent stb on the end driving it.
The heap of sh*t called a VU+ Solo SE I have will now no longer see Rasd TV, even though I am receiving over 10 dB on the Emitor. There are no doubt other channels it is missing, coupled with the fact the blind scan does not work, I have decided to invest in a new stb which will do the job properly.
Will be sending an e-mail to VU+ tomorrow when I have controlled my disappointment and have done a Korean translation, with appropriate insults regarding functionality and overall quality.

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Out of interest Brian, what image are you running on the Solo? Didn't think there was one for a Solo which included a blind scan, though I know you can on a Duo etc....

A

Archive4

Out of interest Brian, what image are you running on the Solo? Didn't think there was one for a Solo which included a blind scan, though I know you can on a Duo etc....
VIX Hades 018, sometimes the blind scan runs but misses most of the feeds even when they are live, but a manual scan using the sat finder with user defined txp picks them up. Other times it gives an error message stating to txp´s available within parameters

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Does Solo even have a blind scan capable tuner? I found BS on the Uno ok but it was generally... Well, BS!

A

Archive4

Since it would appear the VU+ Solo SE will not do the job properly, can anyone recommend a good box with blindscan and a receiver that works well on low symbol rates

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
I honestly don't think you can BS on a Solo...I've never seen it featured in an image for that model VU+, no doubt someone will be along in due course to confirm that. As to another box, I find my Dr HD is good at blind scans and can handle low symbol rates...getting hold of one nowadays is another matter..

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
My F15 does have issues with low SRs. Well, below 2000...

The best BS you'll find will be on a PC card, not on a receiver but of course some receivers are better than others. There are plenty that do bs these days, numerous Technomates, X2s, Dr HDs etc though from what I understand, the hardware inside is more or less the same between them.

A

Archive4

TBH Rasdtv is back now , but no Duhok, so unreliable at the best. SH*T at the worst. Going to try a GI Sunbird that I picked up for a client who who bought another box instead. Will play mañana

( Don´t think I have to offer translation for that )

A

Archive4

Not sure what is going on here, just read this thread by Pontiend on the 24.5W feed

Plenty of feeds here tonight.
French football.11148V 3600 8PSK 34
England Pool.11168V 7120 8PSK 34
Twickenham.11599H 7194 12.

So went to have a look.

Can see 11148V at 11.7 dB, but cannot see either of the others. Cannot believe they have been switched off that quick

A

Archive4

When I said I wasn´t playing with the motor unit until I found a better stb I lied!
Mid eclipse at the mo, and having played a bit today, have all BBC, ITV etc no problem. BBC One HD 8.3dB, BBC Scotland HD 9.0dB, CH4 HD 8.1 dB, ITV HD 11052 8.1dB, 11097 8.2dB, no pixels at all.
Move over Famival, Laminas are coming, I know the fixed dish is recording at least 0.5 to 0.75 dB more!

A

Archive4

Just coming out of eclipse now, have some signal back, lost it for about 2 minutes, still have pixels, but sound ok!

A

Archive4

ITV HD now back, only problem " Muder she wrote" seen it all before!
Golf in the morning, so no post until late today or tomorrow!