Advice Needed Problems with new motorised set-up

  • Thread starter Thread starter Archive4
  • Start date Start date
Had confirmation from Laminas today that payment has been received. New dishes should be dispatched tomorrow. Then the fun begins!
 
Congrats for the good results. Perseverance is often the most important tool :O)
 
Good news for me today, the toys are on the way and I have a tracking number, so I can keep an eye on them! Est delivery 31/8:-bighappy
 
Just checked the tracking website, est delivery is still 31/8:), drilled down a bit further, not due to leave Poland until 31/8:eek:

Will have wait:-deadhorse
 
There here! 1000 is a match for the Fam LH 110, recording slightly lower, but not been " Tweeked " 1200 should be much better, won´t know for a couple of days, work is going to get in the way of testing:eek:
 
Bad day to try this out, now have rain and very heavy cloud cover, but new Laminas 1200P is receiving UK spots except ch4, all others ok, ( have not tried HD yet )

Pic of new girl!

Laminas1.webp
 
Still can´t get 52E. Have spoken with a couple of like minded friends with 1.8´s who cannot see it either.

Anyone in Spain had a result on 52E?
 
What part of Spain are you in? It only covers the Northern part of Spain so you may be outside 52E's footprint, check the link below to see where you are in relation to its coverage area.

Code:
http://www.satbeams.com/footprints?norad=40617

select West beam (in the pink area at the top, and the only one active at this time) then zoom into your location and click on it this will give you a good idea on the size dish needed for that location.
 
Thanks, but satbeams is my homepage:)

I figure I´m too far south, Formentera del Segura, well off the map!
 
OK, all three new girls up, not too sure about the 1m, but 1.2´s seem to be good. Can´t be sure as wind was up while I was setting them on 28.2, and then the wife wanted to go to " the office "
3 new girls.webp
 
Had another quick play today, before rain stopped play. 1200 on fixed mount is close if not equal to the Fam 1.3 ( sold as 1.4 ) dish. 1000 seems to be worse than tha Fam LH110 ( equivalent size dish ). That said, it was only a quick check, and looking at the picture I posted yesterday the 1000 is looking the wrong way, even though my tester tells me different. Could be an optical illusion, will find out later next week when I have time to play some more. The 1200P on the motor seems very good as well, although slightly lower on 28.2E than the LH110 I had on before, but have not had time to ensure I´m dead centre on 0.8W and confirm correct arc tracking!
 
Still can´t get 52E. Have spoken with a couple of like minded friends with 1.8´s who cannot see it either.

Anyone in Spain had a result on 52E?
.
94 cm in Madrid, short antenna, fine/94 cm en Madrid, poca antena, pero bien.

Reference tp's, signal levels and photos/Referencia de tp's, niveles de señal y fotos.
52E (TurkmenAlem/MonacoSat)
and
52E (TurkmenAlem/MonacoSat)

PD:Buena pesca/Good fishing.
img_a3636.gif
 
Last edited:
.
94 cm in Madrid, short antenna, fine/94 cm en Madrid, poca antena, pero bien.

Reference tp's, signal levels and photos/Referencia de tp's, niveles de señal y fotos.
52E (TurkmenAlem/MonacoSat)
and
52E (TurkmenAlem/MonacoSat)

PD:Buena pesca/Good fishing.
img_a3636.gif
Thanks Tururu

According to Flysat we are both outside the footprint for the West beam. I think you are very lucky to get 5.5dB on your dish in Madrid.
I have no hope here, even with the new 1.2m. Will try and move the 1.8 next time the wife is in the UK, but don´t think I have line of sight with the 1.8
 
OK, all three new girls up, not too sure about the 1m, but 1.2´s seem to be good. Can´t be sure as wind was up while I was setting them on 28.2, and then the wife wanted to go to " the office "
View attachment 83702
I like the set up, I could play for days on end. Room for another dish.
 
I like the set up, I could play for days on end. Room for another dish.
Yep, plenty of room, what you didn´t see is the " graveyard " with two Fan LH110´s, the bent 1.4 Fam and the other three dishes also sat on the floor to make room for " Cinderella and the Ugly Sisters "
Had to do a late airport run for the friend of my daughter, needed picking up in Alicante and taking to Torrevieja. So, when I got home decided to play with the Ugly Sisters. 23:30 on the roof with the Emitor and tools in hand! UG1, Laminas 1200 on fixed mount, decided to set her up first! In the dark the Emitor is much easier to read, so was able to tweek her to get 9.5dB on 10818V ( BBC UK Spot beam ). All looking good, so far, about what I would expect from a girl her size in my neck of the woods! Then went back to the VU+ downstairs and checked the signal level on the box, 7.4dB, I was horrified! Got the Emitor off the roof and checked with that, even lower 7.0dB! Figure I have a major loss in the cable from roof to VU, only about 12m, 5 as a crow flies! ( Problem to be sorted later )
Decided to check UG2, Laminas 1200P on the motor. Sent the motor to 28.2E from the VU+ and then connected the Emitor to the 2nd connector on the GI Twin lnb. ONLY 7dB ON 10818V! Pushed UG2 around a little bit ( gently ) and found she needs to go a little west, elevation seems ok but a gentle push on the back left side gained over 1dB. Time to get the spanner out...... but then " CHERRASHH " thunder and lightning, rain etc stopped play.
OH F!
Will try when work and weather permit!

( Confused?, you won´t be, tune into the next episode of " Soap " )
 
Pleasant reading at night.
img_a5995.gif

PS:
whd.gif
 
UG1 now set up correctly. Lost about 0.5dB on 10818V to gain extra on 10964H. Now have pretty much all uk spots, except some of the HD channels. I can lice with that.
UG2, adjusted the motor position while locked on 28.2 and gained a bit, for a short while. Have gone back now and am losing most BBC´s inc South and Wales which I had no problem with before:-ohcrap

Message to self, do not do adjustments to dish after time in the office!
 
Interfered with the Ugly Sisters again today and think I may have got a result. ( No tiny dishes expected at this time! )
UG 1, the fixed dish, changed the BU single out for a GI twin and got some good results, signal up on all UK TXP´s even got some the BU missed completely, have decided the new white badged BU singles are crap compared to the old red version. Pretty much 8.5 - 9.5 across UK spots, except certain HD and CBS action. Checked those on the big dish and they are lower on that as well.
UG 2, on the motor. Again using GI twin lnb, have all UK spot beams except 11053 H. CBS only 7.4 dB but works down to 6 dB so no problem. All other UK spots between 8.4 and 9.9 dB including all HD for BBC, ITV, CH4 etc except 11053 H
Looks like they could be turning into swans!
 
Back
Top