Problems....

ZeeJay

Reaction score
I put the MM in the reciver and entered Load-mode... so far no problems.. but then my computer couldn't detect the Cam and after a while i gave up... Now i can't set the MM in load-mode anymore cause i can't access the menu...

What to do?

naffats

Reaction score
ZeeJay said:
I put the MM in the reciver and entered Load-mode... so far no problems.. but then my computer couldn't detect the Cam and after a while i gave up... Now i can't set the MM in load-mode anymore cause i can't access the menu...

What to do?
Do you really mean that your computer couldn't detect the CAM? In case it is the receiver being unable to detect the CAM, you probably have to have the LNB connected and the receiver put at a proper channel (which it can currently receive). As I have understood it, if you once have put the CAM into Dreamload mode, it stays there (and sometimes even when you have programmed it) and there is no need to enter it again through the menu. I can't enter that special menu again with my receiver, but it states that the MM is in the Dreamload mode. Have a look at my story about connection problems above.

Best regards
naffats

ZeeJay

Reaction score
Ok! if it stays in dreamload then that bit is OK...

Then next problem: Why can't i connect to cam trough the Programmer...

Regardless if i choose Com1 or Com2 it says that it cant connect... (the cable is in Com1)

is there an updated Loading-prog i can use? My is an year old....

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well you can correct me if i'm wrong but they are almost the same! only the label being the diffrence!

ZeeJay

Reaction score
Well it seems that there are som difference... there is a multi-loader hardware you can use for both.. and that needs to be altered jumpers settings regarding if you have a Magic or a Matrix...

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Well I use an MR but from post's that I have read they both have the same internals!

naffats

Reaction score
ZeeJay said:
Ok! if it stays in dreamload then that bit is OK...

Then next problem: Why can't i connect to cam trough the Programmer...

Regardless if i choose Com1 or Com2 it says that it cant connect... (the cable is in Com1)

is there an updated Loading-prog i can use? My is an year old....
OK ZeeJay, so we have the same problem! I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one having this problem ;) . I have tried two variants of the loader program, one with the Dreamload logo and one without but I think they are similar despite that. I'll let you know if I find a solution, possibly including some soldering.

ZeeJay

Reaction score
There is a lot of talk about baudrate... where do you change that??

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
OK HOW are you trying to prog your cams is lappy or cards ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are two or three tutorial threads HERE if you haven't already looked through them. Problem is that there seem to be fewer and fewer people using the MM, many of them have since converted them to MR, so there doesn't seem to be the knowledge around.

ZeeJay

Reaction score
I have a Programmer that came with the Module.. I have a DB 9-pin male to DB 9-pin Female serial cabel... Put the TV set next to the computer and connect them.. ;-) as supposed to...

Then i run the Magicload prog.. and then it just says: Can't connect....

I bought the MM for Conax and got it delivered the same day it went crazy.. ;-) havnät used since, (i got i fixed and uppgraded to 1.4, and then stuffed it in a box in the cellar...), and now i thought i should try conax agian... ;-)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
I was trying to find out before the soldering took place what they where trying to do Rolfw...as they can flash the UCAS with MR software m8!

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
OK I might out of my depth here but go to this link http://www.matrixcam.com/download.htm scroll down and download zip Matrix Reloaded 1.01 not 1.01 upd! look in the zip file and you will see loader setup 1.3, extract it load it an see if it recognises you cam!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
To convert the MM to MR you need a CAS interface, not expensive and very effective. As far as I know, you need either a laptop or MM programmer to upgrade the MM, don't think that you can do it with funcards. The MR loader software will not work with the MM as far as I know.

naffats

Reaction score
ZeeJay said:
There is a lot of talk about baudrate... where do you change that??
From the start menu you go to "Settings" or something like that and then choose "System" where you find all internal devices within the PC. Doubleclick "I/O devices" and you will find COM1, COM2 and LPT1. Doubleclick on COM1 and you will see the settings for the port. Probably the only thing to change is the baudrate (the communication speed). It should be 115 Kbaud, 8 databits, no parity, 1 stopbit. The communication protocol should be Xon/Xoff.

digimac_uk

Reaction score
My Location
Manchester
@Zeejay,
a Cas programmer works great, well worth the £40/£50 it costs you, but then you'll find that you actually "OWN" the cam! You can load what you like on it, and if it doesn't work, just reprogramme it. Make sure that it is a Magic Module with a Toshiba chip though, I only have experiance of changing a MM to a MR (Matrix ReLoaded) but for me it works ace! And I can flip between the two.So the next thing that comes out I should be covered! The next step for you is a Titanium card.... and they do "What It Say's On The Can" anyway. Have fun messing about anyway and if you get stuck, give a shout out here and everyone will jump in and help out as and when they can.
Cheers,

Dom.

ZeeJay

Reaction score
Well, I installed another computer.. with a clean 98 SE... Nothing else.. and just like magic... it WORKED!!! i now se CONX!!! ;-)

Thanks for the help...