My Satellite Setup
Dish w/2xLNB
Beast of a PC with:
X800Pro @ 590mHz
AMD64 3400+@2.865gHz
SkyStar 2 rev. 2.6C
Barco Graphics 801S CRT
w/120" 4:3 Screen
Just reinstalled XP and v4.3.0 drivers for my SS2 2.6c. I also installed ProgDVB 4.55 Full as I did last time (and it worked perfectly well then), but now I get this utterly annoying message saying "C++ Runtime Library blablah.. abnormal program termination" ...and it exits before it starts.

Can anyone give me a hand here please?

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Sonorum said:
Just reinstalled XP and v4.3.0 drivers for my SS2 2.6c. I also installed ProgDVB 4.55 Full as I did last time (and it worked perfectly well then), but now I get this utterly annoying message saying "C++ Runtime Library blablah.. abnormal program termination" ...and it exits before it starts.

Can anyone give me a hand here please?

Hello friend
I see you re-installed OS so was working before so it must be a file missing or corupted.
Please post exact messages you get,as this contains the answer to your problem. :)

You maybe also look in OS (XP) log error file and see things

Sonorum

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dish w/2xLNB
Beast of a PC with:
X800Pro @ 590mHz
AMD64 3400+@2.865gHz
SkyStar 2 rev. 2.6C
Barco Graphics 801S CRT
w/120" 4:3 Screen
kalamar said:
Hello friend
I see you re-installed OS so was working before so it must be a file missing or corupted.
Please post exact messages you get,as this contains the answer to your problem. :)

You maybe also look in OS (XP) log error file and see things

Thanks, but it's none of that sort. I'm all go here when it comes to XP and codecs I think. The error reads:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:
Runtime Error!
Program:...\ProgDVB.exe
Abnormal program termination" ..and it's nothing to do about it when it first hits the screen.

I don't think it's ProgDVB, maybe the SS2 drivers, but the most likely bastard is XP somehow.. are there any good codecs (for Mpeg2 etc.) known to work with this configuration I should try out? Has anyone else had this error and found what caused it to pop up?

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
OK
I run Win2000 pro so I guess its different.I also use a Nexus-S card so I use hardware mode,is light load on computer. Sorry I cant help directly,there are a few on here that do run your setup so you should stay tuned.:)