My Satellite Setup
Athlon 2400
Nexus-s
Progdvb
sg2100
My Location
Nova Scotia
ProgDVB,SG2100, Athlon 2400

About once a week I have to put put the SG2100 back to zero using the manual button and then re-set the motor using the re-set button. I used to program every thing from scratch, ProgDVB,DiseqcU,sat positions,ect, once a week but I soon found out all I had to do was put the motro back to zero and hit the re-set and every thing was ok for another week or so. I discovered that when the motor will not move on a channel change I can go into ProgDVB and use the positioner option and move the motor that way but in the end I still have to put the motor back to zero and hit reset. I have tried to fix this for the last 8 or 9 months, have read a lot of post's but never found an answer yet. If any one out there has a fix for this I would appricate some feed back.Here on the east coast of Canada in Nova Scotia is a good location, I am able to see sats all the way from Hispast 30.o W to Eco 121.0 W. I just joined this site today an this is my first post.Missey

online.gif
Online Now

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Missey, welcome to our forum. :)

I'm afraid I'm a little out of practice on the PC Cards, but will move this to that section, as that's where you are most likely to get some help. :)

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Is it doing the same thing with different viewers (MyTheatre etc) have you tried to install a later ver of ProgDvb and tried that ?
If you are able to move the motor manually then it sounds like the commands are not reaching the motor correctly. Sorry to state the obvious but got to start somewhere .

L.:)

Missey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Athlon 2400
Nexus-s
Progdvb
sg2100
My Location
Nova Scotia
I some time use Ritz or MyTheatre to view t/v but I have never programed either one to move the motor. I thought no sense having to many software's on my computer to do the same job may cause a conflict. I have tried Prog 4.38 and 4.40 but right now I am using 4.26 and 4.48 to move the motor.When I switch to a different channel after a few days or so the Sg2100 will not rotate so what I have been doing is, disable the refresh channel if signal lost option and then , going out to the motor and rotating it back to zero using the manual button on the motor and then re-set it using the re-set button on the motor or, I can move it east or west about 20 deg or so using the positon option in progdvb diseqc set up. When I say I can't move it manualy I mean it will not move manualy using Diseqcu. options --Go To Angular Position or Go To Selected sat. After I use either one of the above methods It works fine for a few days then I do it all over again. Warm or cold weather dosen't seem to make any difference. I was going to take it a part and see what kind of lub they use at the factory but it seems like a weak battery in an old car, now and again it needs a little extra bost to get it going in the morning. I have twin cables about 65 ft long running through pvc conduit under ground out to the dish. last fall I changed both cables but it did not make a difference.Thanks for post, Missey.

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
I had some problems with an SG-2100 last year that had loose coax jacks on the motor and it was very unstable I replaced it with a warranty item.. but dont have much faith in SG-2100 and DVB card,seems lot of problems not had with a regular receiver/motor setup.

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Also best to use latest ProgDVB to its 4.55 today.