Program CAM to use CONAX card

bbjacobsen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channelmaster 1,8m offset + motor. See from 30W to 30E
My Location
Spain
Got a CAS3 programmer and a T-rex 4.6, a Magic Module and a X-cam. I need to "program" one of these cams so I can use my original Conax card. I was told that the T-Rex CAM could do it but cannot find any software to load. Have I been F.... by the shop or haven't I looked in the right places ....

BB

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
You can load either a Predator file or a Predasaur file onto your T-Rex 4.6, and providing it has the correct CAID for your card it should work.
Try putting predator366 into google, or other search engine, and you should find it.

bbjacobsen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
Many thanx. Might sound stupid but what is the "CAID" ?

I can see in the readme file that there is emulation for Irdeto, Nagra, Viaccess, Viaccess2, Seca and Cryptoworks. Is Conax somehow supported as well?

BB

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
These files contain emulations for channels that are currently available.
If you download PredEdit 1.4
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satelli...llaneous-downloads/111964-prededit-1-4-a.html
Unzip it and run it you will be able to check the file.
Click on the folder icon at the end of the Open File address bar and navigate to the predator 366 file you have downloaded.
If you then click on the CAID tab you will see a list of CAID's the file contains and you can add/remove them with ease.
If your card is for Canal Digital, 1W, you need 0B00 added.
Load the predator366.dra file onto your cam and check if the card works.
A basic mistake that people new to cams make is that they have the card inserted the wrong way up, because in most receivers the card faces chip side down but in cams the card needs to be facing chip side up.

bbjacobsen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
Back in Spain and finally got my bags.... I have done as you have described but no success. This is what I see :

Inserting the cam in the decoder and looking cor the cam. It says PRED366WZ. Activating the cam I can choose between Smartcard, SIM card, Debug, Settings and Exit. Under Smartcard I get "Smartcard is Conax" next line [ --- ] and in the bottom of the screen "Not decoding".

I am trying to see DR1 on Thor 5 at 1W, 12418V, TP 37, beam T2.

What am I doing wrong?

BB

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
There are 2 DR1 channels on 1W, according to kingofsat, the one you are after is on 11403 V 24500, listed as part of the Canal Digital package.
Try loading the original Predator 366 file by kinkdink, and then insert your card, chip side up.
If this fails check with your cards supplier if the card is activated or if it needs activating, and if a conax cam is required to update it.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
There is a Predator 367 update I've just noticed, with a fix for Conax card handling, by kinkdink.
Try a search for predator367 and if you don't find it please post back and I'll upload it to sendspace for you.

bbjacobsen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
:-worshipThere has been many problems with DR1 and 2 on 1W. Some years one of the transmisions was moved to the new Intelsat 10.02 which after 1 week was moved a tiny bit. The result was that the original footprint was moved and we lost the signal (Canary Islands). After doing some footwork with my old frind the Minister of Culture in Denmark the transmition from 10.02 was moved to the new Thor 5 which on beam 2 covers a big area (Canary Islands to Iraq).

I have downloaded Predator 367, added Conax 1W and programmed the Cam. The result is the same as before.

As far as I know there is two different cards for Conax 1W. One for Scandinavia and another for South Europa. Could this be the problem?

BB

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Sorry but it looks like you will have to contact your card supplier, unless you can test it in another set up.
Your supplier will probably ask you to return the card and then they can test it, or at least tell you if it will work with your set up.
Please keep us informed with any updates.
Good luck.

bbjacobsen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
Checked the card on a Dreambox and it worked fine. As the card seemed ok I wondered if I had made a fu... up. I loaded the predator file in the editor and looked at the menu... Then I saw my mistake. )(-red Instead of adding Conax to the file I in fact removed removed Conax 1W from the file. Once corrected my error I loaded the file in the cam and vupti.... worked.

Many thanks for your help, it has been a pleasure. I hope to be able to return your favours one day.

BB

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Thank you for keepng us updated, and I'm pleased that you resolved the problem.

osei4us

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Am using skystar2 on my pc.
My Location
GHANA/ACCRA
please help,am using sky star 2 on my pc.And am in africa/ghana and we use eutelsatw4.my system has been asking that, i need conax and irdeto keys and i dont have so please help.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You wont get any keys on this forum - they are strictly forbidden. However the Big links List on the main index has dozens of key sites listed

To be honest Id be surprised if there were keys available for either - Conax is fairly secure and you have almost no hope with the Irdeto2 stuff.

osei4us

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Am using skystar2 on my pc.
My Location
GHANA/ACCRA
Thank you very much.

satgoblin

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Expert on most of the SAT encryptions
My Location
Spain
Analoguesat said:
You wont get any keys on this forum - they are strictly forbidden. However the Big links List on the main index has dozens of key sites listed

To be honest Id be surprised if there were keys available for either - Conax is fairly secure and you have almost no hope with the Irdeto2 stuff.

Well Conax is hacked on scandinavians and digitalb... not that secure i'd say...