A
archive10
Guest
Here's some pics of a quick & dirty mounting of a Channel Master model 180 pointing at 28.2E in eastern part of Denmark (just north of Copenhagen).
Before I started pouring the concrete and all, my wife suggested that I'd check that we actually had proper signal reception. This Sunday, I therefore slapped together a rig based on a pallet, a 75 mm mount inherited from another installation, a piece of 100 mmm wooden pole, some cable ties and brackets, and a selection of garden stones.
(That thing with mount and all is bl**dy heavy! Had to lift onto the jig myself...)
Result as per pictures attached.
Alignment was fairly quick; dishpointer.com makes planning so much easier! Fine-tuning was a doodle using the TV Explorer II. Although I had to make sure not to twist/crack the wooden pole assembly when aligning azimuth (dish mount not quite lubricated after a couple of years in the open!).
Dish is second hand CM 180 with some weathering apparent. LNB is a new Inverto black ultra quad. Tried first with an almost new Global Invacom SNH-031; for some reason it gave me really really low readings.
And no 2D at all.
Thnking this could not be true I promptly (well, after fourth downpour of the day) swapped for the Inverto, and bliss and content descended on the scene. 
Receving everything of 2D/2A/2B: All H&V transponders on my Humax FoxSat as well as on a Pace Sky+ box (although the latter has pixellations on ITV2 for some reason). Signal strength is reasonable (see attached pics). And I haven't even bothered with fine-tuning of LNB (skew or positioning in LNB bracket)!
However, I doubt the installation will withstand a fresh breeze of the southwest - at least not in alignment. There's obvious movement even to the occasional gust of wind. But it still works - proof of concept confirmed (yeah!)
It will all come down again in a couple of days - when I get the real kingpost from the blacksmiths, and the concrete has set...
Before I started pouring the concrete and all, my wife suggested that I'd check that we actually had proper signal reception. This Sunday, I therefore slapped together a rig based on a pallet, a 75 mm mount inherited from another installation, a piece of 100 mmm wooden pole, some cable ties and brackets, and a selection of garden stones.
(That thing with mount and all is bl**dy heavy! Had to lift onto the jig myself...)
Result as per pictures attached.
Alignment was fairly quick; dishpointer.com makes planning so much easier! Fine-tuning was a doodle using the TV Explorer II. Although I had to make sure not to twist/crack the wooden pole assembly when aligning azimuth (dish mount not quite lubricated after a couple of years in the open!).
Dish is second hand CM 180 with some weathering apparent. LNB is a new Inverto black ultra quad. Tried first with an almost new Global Invacom SNH-031; for some reason it gave me really really low readings.
Receving everything of 2D/2A/2B: All H&V transponders on my Humax FoxSat as well as on a Pace Sky+ box (although the latter has pixellations on ITV2 for some reason). Signal strength is reasonable (see attached pics). And I haven't even bothered with fine-tuning of LNB (skew or positioning in LNB bracket)!
However, I doubt the installation will withstand a fresh breeze of the southwest - at least not in alignment. There's obvious movement even to the occasional gust of wind. But it still works - proof of concept confirmed (yeah!)
It will all come down again in a couple of days - when I get the real kingpost from the blacksmiths, and the concrete has set...
Attachments
-
IMG_4552_small.webp118.8 KB · Views: 219 -
IMG_4558_small.webp152.2 KB · Views: 167 -
IMG_4561_small.webp114.7 KB · Views: 178 -
IMG_4560_small.webp138.3 KB · Views: 150 -
IMG_4553_small.webp114.4 KB · Views: 179 -
IMG_4555_small.webp77.2 KB · Views: 207 -
IMG_4562_small.webp85.1 KB · Views: 153 -
IMG_4567_small.webp79.9 KB · Views: 134 -
IMG_4564_small.webp66.8 KB · Views: 139 -
IMG_4565_small.webp80.7 KB · Views: 120