QBOX HD coming soon

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
At the moment I am running the w@rcraft-3 image that is based on the 1.0.16 firmware.

The list of plugins and add ons is too long to mention here, but there is a separate thread in this forum that shows everything.

The image is fairly stable, I haven't had too many crashes even though it is a "backup image", i.e. an official image that has been upgraded by someone with all sorts of featured and then backed up.
Apparently these backup images do not agree with all the boxes, but I never had any problems.

I am using the oscam to connect to my dreambox and the Fausto I am running on the computer, and also the mgcamd 1.36. On the odd occasion that I fancy some Swiss TV the radar cam comes in handy - although I wonder how it still works as there haven't been any new radar versions for many many months.

I am not sure what exactly is going on with the manufacturer anyway, there does not seem to be any progress from their side. Having said that, the box works quite nicely and I don't think other boxes
do more things than the Q.

The skins available are getting more and more complicated, but I prefer a simple one.

Cheers, TG :)

eichwaldi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xtream ET9200, Qbox HD, 1TB WD, 90cm Al dish, Twin LNB, motor SG2100, 28,2E - 1W, Samsung LE37B652T4
My Location
Czech republic
Hi T_G, whitch version of updater are you using with w@rcraft-3 image? what date

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Are you talking about the key updater? If so, then I am not using the Satangels as it is not working. I simply get the softcam file from one of the sites and FTP it.
I started to look for another updater for enigma2, but did not get too far. But I am sure I will find something.

eichwaldi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Xtream ET9200, Qbox HD, 1TB WD, 90cm Al dish, Twin LNB, motor SG2100, 28,2E - 1W, Samsung LE37B652T4
My Location
Czech republic
Thanks for quick reply, actualy I was more interested in version of qboxhd_boot_update you are using with last image w@rcraft-3 1.0.16 firmware. I think there are three options, boot update from 25_09_2009, 10_05_2010 or 14_04_2011. So, do you know which one are you using? I think each image is working with specific boot_update version only. I can be wrong....
thanx anyway
eichwaldi

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I got this on my box http://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/...t-bkp-qboxhd-stone-distribution-1-0-16-a.html

I haven't updated the boot for a long time, since all the images update it when you install the image. I got these details out of my receiver:

From webinterface:
Enigma Version: QBoxHD-Apr 4 2011
Image Version: QBoxHD-Jun 7 2011 15:25
Frontprozessor Version: V0
Webinterface Version: 1.6.8

See also screenshot for more details. Hope this helps you somehow.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 65

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
RIP QboxHD, this is it. It looks like one of the processors packed up, and as there is no reply from Duolabs about a possible repair it's the end of the road for this one.

It started with a great promise, and for a while there were lots of forums dealing with them, but in the last 3, 4 years there have not been any new software releases.