Question for Rolfw...

Donzo Bonzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax and Echostar receivers, Dragon, two dishes, one fixed 100cm dish pointing at Hotbird, and a 90cm motorised dish; plus a rubbish DVD recorder and cool DVD players, and lots of cables!! Oh, yeah, and a video recorder - best invention yet!!
M8, I value your advice...

What would you do, if you ordered something from a satellite shop online, received it, and found it was faulty? I contacted the shop boss and he said return it and he'll replace it.

I did send it back but I didn't bother with all that recorded delivery lark because I trusted the guy. However, he's telling me he hasn't got the item, and that it must have been "lost in the post".

I thought to myself, "oh yeah, that's very convenient - FOR HIM!"

Now he is refusing to replace it. I don't believe it's lost in the post. Do you think I'd be in my rights to claim the item back on my credit card if nothing is resolved in the next two weeks..?

Cheers.:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't know how you would stand there, the recorded delivery post is to protect the sender and if the goods fail to arrive, it is the sender who loses out. You may be able to get some redress from your credit card company, but they may well come up with the same answer I'm afraid.

What was the value of the item?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
You can get ordinary mail compensation of around £20 if you have a proof of posting (free when you post any item).

If you have a proof of posting you can contact the Post Office who may be able to trace the item.

You could tell the supplier you have one and you are contacting the Post Office this may have the desired effect.

Donzo Bonzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax and Echostar receivers, Dragon, two dishes, one fixed 100cm dish pointing at Hotbird, and a 90cm motorised dish; plus a rubbish DVD recorder and cool DVD players, and lots of cables!! Oh, yeah, and a video recorder - best invention yet!!
Thanks for the replies, m8s. :)

The item is a sat card £14.50. I just rang the Royal Mail and they said I can get compensation after 15 days if the item hasn't arrived. I asked, what if the guy is lying and he has got it. The RM said, "well, we'll have to take him for his word."

Like I said, seems very convenient that it should get "lost". I'll keep yous informed. Thanks again. :)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi Donzo Bonzo,
you're putting a lot of faith in the Post Office, I work for a mail order company, and we send out hundreds of items every day, including registered and recorded mail, and a certain amount does go missing. Plus sending a card through the post, unless you disguise it, is dangerous as it can't be distinguished from a credit card, until it's been opened.
Your supplier might be lying, but it could quite easily have got lost in the mail, equally he can claim that you never sent the card as it was working and you wanted a second one free.
If you suspect him, might I suggest that when you receive your compensation, from the Post Office, that you buy your card from a supplier who is recommended by other members, but also keep note of your original supplier, just in case someone else experiences problems and then you can warn other members.
Best wishes
Mickha

Donzo Bonzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mickha said:
Hi Donzo Bonzo,
you're putting a lot of faith in the Post Office, I work for a mail order company, and we send out hundreds of items every day, including registered and recorded mail, and a certain amount does go missing. Plus sending a card through the post, unless you disguise it, is dangerous as it can't be distinguished from a credit card, until it's been opened.
Your supplier might be lying, but it could quite easily have got lost in the mail, equally he can claim that you never sent the card as it was working and you wanted a second one free.
If you suspect him, might I suggest that when you receive your compensation, from the Post Office, that you buy your card from a supplier who is recommended by other members, but also keep note of your original supplier, just in case someone else experiences problems and then you can warn other members.
Best wishes
Mickha

You make some valid points, Mickha, but why would I want a second loader card???

Secondly, there is something about this guy I don't trust. It may be lost, but like I said, I find that highly convenient on his part. He replied to my first two emails but now he doesn't reply at all, guilt maybe.

I rang my credit card company an hour ago, who said I should make a claim today. They said not for £14.50 but for £17, the cost of getting another card, plus postage. The dragon cam is useless without the loader. I have had the cam for two weeks but haven't been able to use it. Would I really go through all this just to obtain a second card?

Not me, guv. :)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi Donzo Bonzo,
that's good service from the Credit Card company, I didn't realise it was a Dragon Loader card, out of interest what type of loader was it, a PIC or Fun 7 ? There has been a lot of confusion, on many forums, regarding which loader card people have and how to program them, the majority turned out not to be faulty but were down to improper advice on how to program them, and there are files available for repairing the loader card.
If you run into any problems, after receiving a new loader, please post back, hopefully everything will work and you will discover the advantages of a Dragon Cam.
Best wishes
Mickha

Claudio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Receiver - Echostar DSB-890 2CI
CAMS - Dragon 4.1
Cards - Dragon Loader, Gold Card
Programmers - Infinity USB Unlimited
Motor - SG2100A
My Location
London
Mickha said:
Best wishes
Mickha

Hi Mickha,
I'm quite new to the sat business and I'm thinking about buying a Dragon Module + Loader + Infinity USB Unlimited programmer. I had a look on the net and satstore.co.uk seems to have the whole lot. I've read with interest your reply about suppliers recommended by other members. Is there a list or something like that where I can refer to ? I tried to have a look in the forum topics but with no luck...

Thanks
Cla
PS I have an Echostar DSB-890 2ci + 80cm dish on HB 18E. Any suggestions is more than welcome ;)

Donzo Bonzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mickha said:
Hi Donzo Bonzo,
that's good service from the Credit Card company, I didn't realise it was a Dragon Loader card, out of interest what type of loader was it, a PIC or Fun 7 ? There has been a lot of confusion, on many forums, regarding which loader card people have and how to program them, the majority turned out not to be faulty but were down to improper advice on how to program them, and there are files available for repairing the loader card.
If you run into any problems, after receiving a new loader, please post back, hopefully everything will work and you will discover the advantages of a Dragon Cam.
Best wishes
Mickha

It's a Fun 7 loader Mickha. I am relunctant to make out the card wasn't faulty, as there is no reason why it shouldn't work. The same Predator download works on another person's Dragon and Fun 7 I know on the Internet. Plus, I got an additional 12 months subscription to a mature content channel which works in Firecrypt, so the Dragon is working. By the way, I didn't ask for this mature content channel it came with the Drago package! :)

@Claudio

Dragon has had a lot of good reports. Shop around, you can get it fully loaded when delivered, so you don't have to ass around trying to program the cam. I wish I had done that!!

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Hi Donzo Bonzo,
unfortunately I bought my Dragon just before the free mature content offer, so I have to make do with Playboy !!!!! But at least I get all the football........

Donzo Bonzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Mickha said:
Hi Donzo Bonzo,
unfortunately I bought my Dragon just before the free mature content offer, so I have to make do with Playboy !!!!! But at least I get all the football........

`don't worry, m8, you're not missing much with this free 24 hour hardcore channel. It's that Gonzo tripe, wall to wall s_x. It's gets boring after a day. I prefer the late night films the likes of C*nax and S*ca show...

A bit of acting, not s_x s_x s_x. Humping

Claudio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CAMS - Dragon 4.1
Motor - SG2100A
My Location
London
Donzo Bonzo said:

@Claudio

Dragon has had a lot of good reports. Shop around, you can get it fully loaded when delivered, so you don't have to ass around trying to program the cam. I wish I had done that!!
Hi Donzo Bonzo
thanks for your suggestions. I've bought infinity usb unlimited +dragon cam + loader yesterday and I've got the whole lot today !

He also sent me an INXTC access SIM card 9 which I believe goes into the 2nd card SIM slot and it's a free subscription card for INXTC/X+TV chnl and he also said "The CAM is programmed with Firecrypt for the XPlus card supplied. The loader card is blank."

My question is, can I program the Loader as normal with predator 3.06 and then insert the INXTC card into the CAM or I cannot use them both at the same time ?

I just don't wanna break it !

Thanks
Cla

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The loader card is only used to update the CAM, then it is removed.

Claudio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CAMS - Dragon 4.1
Motor - SG2100A
My Location
London
rolfw said:
The loader card is only used to update the CAM, then it is removed.
Thanks rolw.

So the right procedure is to update the CAM (as brilliantly explained in the forum... thanks for that as well) first and then stick the SIM in the 2nd card SIM slot, right ?

Thanks
Cla

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, or in the Dragon CAM will possibly do. :)

Claudio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CAMS - Dragon 4.1
Motor - SG2100A
My Location
London
rolfw said:
Yes, or in the Dragon CAM will possibly do. :)
Yes, of course... Dragon CAM. Thanks a lot. Cla

Donzo Bonzo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thanks for all your concerns, friends, but I have now got my Fun 7 loader back and it's working.

Cheers, friends. :)