Question!!!!

kingcross

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
cable
My Location
USA
I am wondering if i set up a dish in Nigeria (African), is there any way i can pick up some channels from UK?....or what could i do to pick up channel out Nigeria or within the county?......However, i do not know what kind of satallite or reciever, do i need for that?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
kingcross said:
I am wondering if i set up a dish in Nigeria (African), is there any way i can pick up some channels from UK?....or what could i do to pick up channel out Nigeria or within the county?......However, i do not know what kind of satallite or reciever, do i need for that?

:-Welcome1

Hope someone answers your question.

Please don't post the same question three times... thanks.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The signals targetting the UK are going to be well out of range in Nigeria. There is a west African spot beam on Astra 2B aimed plumb at Nigeria, but I have never seen any reports of it being activated, ands even if it is, it wont be carrying uk programming.

There are a couple of satellites that cover west africa, but whether they are carrying anything of interest is a matter of opinion. You might get BBC World and BBC Prime on them, but certainly no proper uk channels.

kingcross

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
cable
My Location
USA
Analoguesat said:
The signals targetting the UK are going to be well out of range in Nigeria. There is a west African spot beam on Astra 2B aimed plumb at Nigeria, but I have never seen any reports of it being activated, ands even if it is, it wont be carrying uk programming.

There are a couple of satellites that cover west africa, but whether they are carrying anything of interest is a matter of opinion. You might get BBC World and BBC Prime on them, but certainly no proper uk channels.

Please could you tell me what satellites that cover west africa?, because i want to know what kind of dish i will use to get those satellites

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You are the one interested - you find out. Start here:

http://www.lyngsat.com/europe.html and here
http://www.lyngsat.com/atlantic.html

Click on the orbital slot, and a chart will open up. On the right hand column are footprints for each satellite. Click on them and the footprint will open up.

Try NSS7 at 22W for starters as that one does cover west africa.

kingcross

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
cable
My Location
USA
thanks,,,Analoguesat vbmenu_register("postmenu_266822", true); ..for the information...

vbmenu_register("postmenu_266822", true);

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Youa re welcome. Hope you find some channels off a suitable satellite :)

rossy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox f3 spiderbox died hd9000 technomate 1500ci+, skystar2,1.1m dish .3db bluline lnb,Sky,
Span 58W to 42e with trees bare! 42e gone and now 39e
My Location
southern england, Berkshire
kingcross said:
Please could you tell me what satellites that cover west africa?, because i want to know what kind of dish i will use to get those satellites

There is a West Africa Beam (nigeria) from 36E that gives the DSTV KU package from South Africa. It has many english language movie/sports news channels check out Lyngsat for the package details. Not sure of the dish size in Nigeria. Here in Angola it can be received on a very small (skyminidish ) size dish 45cm upwards. There are other satellites available in CBAND with 3/4 mtr dishes all over the place here. Not sure what you can or cant get with those
Cheers

kingcross

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
cable
My Location
USA
rossy said:
There is a West Africa Beam (nigeria) from 36E that gives the DSTV KU package from South Africa. It has many english language movie/sports news channels check out Lyngsat for the package details. Not sure of the dish size in Nigeria. Here in Angola it can be received on a very small (skyminidish ) size dish 45cm upwards. There are other satellites available in CBAND with 3/4 mtr dishes all over the place here. Not sure what you can or cant get with those
Cheers

DO YOU KNOW IF FTA IS AVAILABLE FOR THAT?