Quick question...

I

i wear flares

I've just set up a system - nokia SAT780 box with tv & video.

My tv aerial coax ( soldered connections - much better ! ) runs into the sat box - then into tv & vid.

BBC1 & 2 , C4 and itv absolutely PERFECT - Channel 5 unwatchable. ( white noise, you can just make out the picture )

When the coax is plugged directly into the tv or vid - Channel 5 is perfect !

Any obvious reason ?

PS Can anyone work out "Powermid" 4 in 1 remotes - I can't seem to enter ANY codes... ( nor can I confirm any.. ?? )

Thanks

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Try changing the Output Channel on the Sat Box.

Check out this site for more info:

http://www.ant.org.uk/cgi-bin/tv2.pl

Come back if this doesn't work.

Regards

W.H.

I

i wear flares

Not sure what you mean about the "output" channel ?

I don't have a remote control nor instruction book - but the tv aerial goes into the sat box and then feeds off to the other appliances ( RF out - via a "Maxview booster" to distribute to another TV in the other room - I've tried swithching the power off on this which makes no difference.. ) so I'm not sure there is any "output channel" involved here ?

I tried re-tuning to channel 5 for a different transmitter - no luck.
The tv in the other room has particularily good reception - but even there, there is white noise like a "fresnel" lens or "raster" screen effect. Only while output is through the sat box.

I'm getting a much more up to date analogue sat box Nokia SAT 1800 ird soon - will this make a difference ? Was there something with early boxes and C5 ?

Thanks

ckrys1

Reaction score
My Location
pj::
Your satbox is set to transmit at a certain UHF frequency, and it sounds as if that is the same as your local channel 5 frequency. You can`t change the latter, but you can usually change the former by going into menu, RF channel output, changing it (it will be a number between 21 and 69), and then retuning your tv to your new satellite receiver RF output. It may then of course interfere with something else and you just keep changing it until you find a free slot

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Think you've hit the nail on the head there Ckrys1, it may be however, that the old nokia has a screw adjuster on the rear panel, or even one underneath.

To easily solve the problem, I would only connect the Nokia by scart to the video, then feed the 2way amp from there, if you leave the video set on AV you can watch the sat in both rooms on the video channel.

Have a look 'Flares on the back of the box and see if there is a little plastic or metal screw, if there isn't one there (or underneath) then it is in the boxes menu and probably can't be changed without the remote.

Rolf

I

i wear flares

There IS a little "tuning" screw - so I'm gonna fiddle around some more today. I'll come back if there are any more probs.

ANYONE HAVE ANY LUCK WITH "Marmitek" 4 in 1 remote + Transmitters. Ijust cannot get it to store codes. ( Or it doesn't like 5 different applieances I Have ) I may post this separately elsewhere.

Thanks all