Quick question :)

joeuk2000

Reaction score
My Location
Stoke on Trent, UK
New to this but learning quick, question is.. if you edit keys in the eeprom, of a gold card, can you use the same pic file or to you have to amend this for the new keys in the eeprom to work?

Background:
I'm just getting into programming, I have a gold card and a programmer (VX multi 2) and a Aston S*ca Cam.

Looking at keys for a gold card they tend to come with a pic file and an eeprom file.

I have found an editor which allows you to put in the latest keys in the epprom file, if i do this and save this new eeprom file do I have to make any amendment to the pic file?

Also I notice S*ca keys come in 3 strings, do you have to use all 3 or just the recent dated one?

Any advice is appreciated

Cheers

Joe :)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
joeuk2000 said:
New to this but learning quick, question is.. if you edit keys in the eeprom, of a gold card, can you use the same pic file or to you have to amend this for the new keys in the eeprom to work?

Background:
I'm just getting into programming, I have a gold card and a programmer (VX multi 2) and a Aston S*ca Cam.

Looking at keys for a gold card they tend to come with a pic file and an eeprom file.

I have found an editor which allows you to put in the latest keys in the epprom file, if i do this and save this new eeprom file do I have to make any amendment to the pic file?

Also I notice S*ca keys come in 3 strings, do you have to use all 3 or just the recent dated one?

Any advice is appreciated

Cheers

Hi joe.
No,you can leave the pic file as it is. It's just a loader file used to enable the receiver to read the eeprom.
No point in putting just the present index keys in - the S*ca files come as a set anyway.

Llew

joeuk2000

Reaction score
My Location
Stoke on Trent, UK
Cheers llew, understand the purpose of the loader file now...when you say

"No point in putting just the present index keys in - the S*ca files come as a set anyway"

What do you mean by set, a set is 3 lines of hex, 2 lines of Hex.?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
joeuk2000 said:
Cheers llew, understand the purpose of the loader file now...when you say

"No point in putting just the present index keys in - the S*ca files come as a set anyway"

What do you mean by set, a set is 3 lines of hex, 2 lines of Hex.?

If you look at the keys, there's three Indexes - OA, OB, OC. Three Lines. These alternate each time the provider changes the encryption.

Llew

joeuk2000

Reaction score
My Location
Stoke on Trent, UK
Thanks again!!!

The more I look round it looks like an ASTON or Viaccess Cam & Goldcards are old technology ... everyone seems to be on about Matrix Cams!!

Cheers for the explinations