Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Cuberevo 9000HD 2 tuners (one used) + hard disk
Dreambox (no longer useable with motor)
80cm dish motorised & using USALS
2 ok computers
My Location
Coulsdon
Ok - I've got a friend who wants his SKY sub in the south of france. He got another box - the card clears everything but the sports. What's the best way to proceed to get the full package.

Also - can the box use other people's cards or only that one card.

I know a fair bit about European sat with my dreambox but am pretty hazy when it comes to sky.

thanks in advance

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
To get the sports or movie channels on a box other than the one your sky subscription is currently registered to you will need to phone Sky (rather your friend who wants Sky in Fracne will need to) and tell them you have changed boxes and give them the serial number of the new one – that’s the only way to view premium subscription channels on another box. To view them on the original box requires another call to sky to change the card registration again. One sky card can only be registered to one box at a time.

The box can use any valid sky card and will show everything the card has a subscription to, except the premium channels (films, sports, PPV, FilmFour etc).

Hope this helps.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi nstone24,
you might want to read the Dragon Cam forum as there has been a new development, with the latest Predator upgrade, that might get him everything he wants and save him money.
Best wishes
Mickha

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
Mickha said:
you might want to read the Dragon Cam forum as there has been a new development, with the latest Predator upgrade, that might get him everything he wants and save him money.
hang on a minute? dragon now clears $ky? did I miss something?.... cts

In asnwering my own question, It appears so - reading another on another forum i found: "Predator 3.11 New Support for ORIGINAL NDS cards for UK Sky Digital added." I see.

So in theory with a dragon CAM one could have a one box solution and watch all UK freeview stuff with a FTV card as well as all satellite stuff. cool.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Yep, I have Sly working that way. Of course you do need an official card and will only get the progs according to your level of subscription.

Cheaper than buying a DB.:D

nstone24

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Cuberevo 9000HD 2 tuners (one used) + hard disk
Dreambox (no longer useable with motor)
80cm dish motorised & using USALS
2 ok computers
My Location
Coulsdon
Thanks guys - I would go for the dragon cam option - but my friend probably wouldn't. I've got a dreambox myself - any though of whether the N*S encryption might be on this ever - howz it on the dragon cam?

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Just remember that if you go down the DB/Dragon Cam route there is no guarantee that Sky will work on it in the future, they may tweak their encryption so it no longer works on them, so if your friend wants a reliable Sky service in France, and nothing else, a Sky digibox is probably the best way.

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
NDS2 is on it's way.