Re-flashing/deleting image

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Burnham Beech said:
If you can't find a folder with DCC you won't be able to find it with any other FTP client. There is nothing wrong with using DCC,
It's there in Filezilla, maybe because Filezilla understands symlinks.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
+1 for FileZilla. I don't think earlier versions of FlashFXP did though but that might be dependent on having to connect via SFTP rather than plain old FTP.

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
Burnham Beech said:
If you can't find a folder with DCC you won't be able to find it with any other FTP client. There is nothing wrong with using DCC, it has many useful enigma friendly features you would not get with a generic FTP client.

The reason you can't find the tmp folder is that there isn't a physical tmp folder with ViX images. tmp does exist as a virtual link, but you don't need to worry about that.

Just open the /etc/ folder to find CCcаm.cfg file you are looking for.

It's the latest BlackHole image.. I'll try find the folder now and see if it's there.

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
There is no CCcam.cfg file in the etc folder.

edit: connected, now I have found the tmp file but there is no CCcam.cfg in there.. Is this because I have the default CCcam file? I did have CCcam.2.2 when I installed it via TSpanel but now TSpanel won't work on this new BH image for me I can't reload the CCcam file.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Please check in /var/etc/ - should be there.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Actually, if it's a brand new image, you might not have it. In that case, just put a default one there with whatever details you want in there.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Start again. Reflash the image and this time don't install TSPanel. If you flash it with ViX I can be even more helpful because I know exactly where everything is on that image. Nothing wrong with BH though, it's just not my image.

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
Captain Jack said:
Actually, if it's a brand new image, you might not have it. In that case, just put a default one there with whatever details you want in there.
What do you mean? make a new CCam.cfg folder and put my Cline in it?

Also on my desktop I have the CCcam file I used before I reflashed it, I have doubled clicked it and it installed onto it somewhere and I deleted it again as I couldn;t out it on my box, can I put that in a folder on there? If so which folder do I need to put it in...

Huevos - I did install TSpanel but it's not on my box it just never showed up. I tried flashing the Vix image on it but it wouldn't let me so I had to use the latest BH image. Should I be able to flash it with the latest Vix image if BH is up to date now? Because I'll flash it with Vix if it makes it easier for me to get it working again.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Yes you should be able to flash whatever image you like straight over the top of BH.

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
Huevos said:
Yes you should be able to flash whatever image you like straight over the top of BH.
I tried that before I put the newest BH on and it didn't work but I will try and do it now.... I wish I had flashed my box myself when I first did it! I did it step by step off someone who knew now I feel like I'm starting all over again!

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Aaron1919 said:
I feel like I'm starting all over again!
That's part of the learning process. Once you've done it a few times you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
Huevos said:
That's part of the learning process. Once you've done it a few times you'll wonder what all the fuss was about.

The Vix image isn't flashing onto it just like before. So I think I'm stuck with BH

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Are you using the exact same USB device that you used to flash BH?

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
Yep. It must be the Vix image, I tried for two days on two different USB with it and no luck, I tried the latest BH once and it flashed. The Vix image I used is the USB one as well, so I don't think i've got that wrong.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Where did you get the files from?

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
Huevos said:
Official OpenViX image download here:
hxxp://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo/

Also if you look on the forum there you'll find guides how to load the image and compatible USB sticks (not all sticks work). And they must be formatted FAT32.

Huevos said:
Where did you get the files from?

The link you gave me earlier in the thread.

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
I've just seen there is a newer one, so I will download that one now.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Check again that the USB is formatted to FAT32. Delete everything off the USB. Unzip the ViX.zip file and move the 'vuplus' folder to the root directory of your USB device. Unplug the Solo. Plug in the USB device. Then plug the Solo back in.

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
Huevos said:
Check again that the USB is formatted to FAT32. Delete everything off the USB. Unzip the ViX.zip file and move the 'vuplus' folder to the root directory of your USB device. Unplug the Solo. Plug in the USB device. Then plug the Solo back in.
Yep, done that also once the USB is plugged in and I plug the Solo in I wait and I press the reset button to make sure once nothing has happened.. USB is FAT32 as well.. It's just not accepting Vix, no idea why. I could try another image but I guess that won't really help.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
There's nothing in BH to stop you overwriting it so something else must be wrong in your method. Start from scratch again with the following...

Have you got another USB stick? It needs to be 8GB or smaller. Format it with the HP format tool here:
hxxp://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-USB-Format-Tool

Also you need to make sure the bootloader is up-to-date.

Unplug any other USB device that you have plugged in to the Solo.

Starting with a clean/empty USB device... Unplug the Solo. Insert the USB device (front or rear socket, shouldn't matter) with the bootloader (directory structure exactly as it is in the zip file). Plug the Solo back in to the mains. Watch for the light on the USB so you know it is being read. Once that is done unplug the Solo from the mains. Clean the USB device and then load the image onto it (again with directory structure exactly as it is in the zip file). Insert the USB again and power up the Solo. Watch the USB light again. After it has been flashed you should get a message on the TV saying remove USB and switch off and on (or something to that effect).