Re-flashing/deleting image

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
The only difference there is, I'm not sure if my bootloader is up to date.. and My USB isn't under 8GB.. I might pop down to shops to find a cheap USB stick under 8GB.

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
Right, Just bought an 8GB USB stick, it's already formatted to FAT32.. How do I find latest bootloader? I think I may have it. cfe_solo_2.0

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
It's flashed to OpenVix!

All I need now is how to set it up :lol: How to get the channel listings SKY UK is all I have so I don't need ones with Italy, Israel etc. Also how to put my Cline in.

Not sure if I should take it to PM with you Huevos?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Just put the CCcam.cfg file with your C-line in there in /var/etc/ folder. I believe you can download the actual softcams from Vix feeds. Take a look at auto bouquet maker in service searching menu - it will do what you need.

Alternatively, plenty of ready-made settings are available in the same Vix feeds...

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
Captain Jack said:
Just put the CCcam.cfg file with your C-line in there in /var/etc/ folder. I believe you can download the actual softcams from Vix feeds. Take a look at auto bouquet maker in service searching menu - it will do what you need.

Alternatively, plenty of ready-made settings are available in the same Vix feeds...
I'm completely new with this Vix, Where do I find Vix feeds?

On menu in Softcam/CL there is settings - common interface - common interface assignment - softcam manager.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Bootloader is here:
hxxp://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/Vu%2BSolo/

CCcam is here (download CCcam 2.3.0):
hxxp://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/
FTP the CCcam.ipk file to /tmp
To install it: menu -> setup -> ViX -> install local extension-> highlight the CCcam.ipk file and press green to install.
FTP your CCcam.cfg file to /etc
Then do a restart: menu -> standby -> restart

To get a Sky bouquet up and running:
menu -> setup -> service search -> AutoBouquetMaker
In Configure, set it to: expert, no, no, no.
In Providers, set Sky UK to yes, everything else to no.
In Hide, put a tick next to any group you don't want to show.
Then select start scan.

After the scan escape out of the menu and press zero and you should be on BBC One.

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
Huevos said:
Bootloader is here:
hxxp://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/Vu%2BSolo/

CCcam is here (download CCcam 2.3.0):
hxxp://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/
FTP the CCcam.ipk file to /tmp
To install it: menu -> setup -> ViX -> install local extension-> highlight the CCcam.ipk file and press green to install.
FTP your CCcam.cfg file to /etc
Then do a restart: menu -> standby -> restart

To get a Sky bouquet up and running:
menu -> setup -> service search -> AutoBouquetMaker
In Configure, set it to: expert, no, no, no.
In Providers, set Sky UK to yes, everything else to no.
In Hide, put a tick next to any group you don't want to show.
Then select start scan.

After the scan escape out of the menu and press zero and you should be on BBC One

I have just installed the CCcam.ipk file you said but the next put says FTP your CCcam.cfg file to /etc

I don't have a CCcam.cfg file, where is it?

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
I've added the SKY bouquet and that's all good thanks... However the picture is a bit weird. there are lines going through the screen and I can see faintly the Open Vix picture behind it.. when I go onto the channel list and it has a smaller version of the screen that's perfect but full screen it's all fuzzy.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
CCcam.cfg... You make it yourself as mentioned by CJ a few posts ago.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Aaron1919 said:
the picture is a bit weird. there are lines going through the screen and I can see faintly the Open Vix picture behind it.. when I go onto the channel list and it has a smaller version of the screen that's perfect but full screen it's all fuzzy.
Don't really understand what you mean. If the picture is fuzzy that is a hardware problem, nothing to do with the image. Do a screengrab and post it here so we can see what you are talking about.

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
Ah. my mistake.. do I just make a new file in /etc and paste my Cline into it.. Or do I need to add other information to it? From memory the CCcam.cfg I pasted the Cline into originally had a lot of stuff already inside it.

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
This is full screen.. On BBC 1 was something about the war so as soon as it came on the soldier is stuck on screen when I change channel... Full screen.jpg

But when I go on the channel listings and the small box on the right shows what's on as you're browse the channels, that is fine, nothing wrong with the picture.

menu.jpg

The channel is ITV and the Soldier is from BBC.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Aaron1919 said:
Ah. my mistake.. do I just make a new file in /etc and paste my Cline into it.. Or do I need to add other information to it? From memory the CCcam.cfg I pasted the Cline into originally had a lot of stuff already inside it.
Aaron1919 said:
This is full screen.. On BBC 1 was something about the war so as soon as it came on the soldier is stuck on screen when I change channel...
attachicon.gif
Full screen.jpg

But when I go on the channel listings and the small box on the right shows what's on as you're browse the channels, that is fine, nothing wrong with the picture.

attachicon.gif
menu.jpg

The channel is ITV and the Soldier is from BBC.
That's no good. That's a photo, not a screengrab. Telnet into the box (login: root), and run 'grab -d -j 100 /tmp/screenshot.jpg'
Screenshot will be in /tmp directory.

With CCcam.cfg just follow CJ's advice. Paste your stuff into an empty file and name it CCcam.cfg. Can't give more info than this as it is against the forum rules.

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
screenshot.jpg

Done all the Cline stuff is this the screen grab you are after?
Looks fine on there but not on my TV, All the SKY channels are all fine so probably just signal?

I have ONE more problem all the SKY channels have no sound coming from them, the normal channels do (even though poor picture)

This just isn't my week(maybe more)

I appreciate all the help i've got so far, I've learnt a hell of a lot anyway!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
How is your Box connected to the TV?

As the grab from the Box is aok yet the TV picture isn't, remove and reseat the HDMI/SCART (Whatever) connection between the Box and the TV.

Oh, and in any event, Reboot the Box. Fickle chaps that don't always like to implement changes without a fuss.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Grab looks good to me. Are you using an HDMI cable? And you don't have a scart cable connected? When you set up the video resolution in First Install Wizard did you choose 1080i?

Aaron1919

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Solo
My Location
England
Huevos said:
Grab looks good to me. Are you using an HDMI cable? And you don't have a scart cable connected? When you set up the video resolution in First Install Wizard did you choose 1080i?

Tivù said:
How is your Box connected to the TV?

As the grab from the Box is aok yet the TV picture isn't, remove and reseat the HDMI/SCART (Whatever) connection between the Box and the TV.

Oh, and in any event, Reboot the Box. Fickle chaps that don't always like to implement changes without a fuss.
Yes, through HDMI I have reset the box a couple of times. The picture is how it looks on the menu but in full screen it's kind of green and fuzzy. BBC 1, 2 ITV all have sound but poor picture and SKY channels all have picture but no sound :-ohcrap

Yes, I chose 1080i

I've just put it to 720p and the picture on normal channel is fine, but sound still missing from SKY.

Edit AGAIN. Just messed about and the digital downmix (something like that) I turned it to yes and the sounds working fine! Thank you all so much for the help!

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Do you have another HDMI socket on the TV you can use?

Edit: Crossed in the Post >>> Seems like you're making progress: The best help is self-help :-righton

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Tivù said:
Do you have another HDMI socket on the TV you can use?
Also try changing the HDMI cable. 1080i is what you want if you proper HD TV. And make sure overscan is switched off.

hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscan