Read e-mail messages using 7000S

choco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500 1m dish 0.3lnb Motorised
My Location
Spain
I had tried two times to install the 1.41 version from the Blue Panel but it failed to install twice. That's why I thought it was different. Now, I've just tried again and it has installed successfully. Still trying to configure it as explained. Many thanks.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
By the way, I am running the program on my 5620 without problems. AS long as it is available on the blue panel it works.

If it won't install from the blue panel your VAR might be too full (I use a MaxVar image so no problems there)

choco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
Just tried it now and got it working. Now trying to use Reply function. Many thanks once again. Very interesting Plugin.

choco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
Good morning to all. Tried to send Mail but Message kept saying:-Mailing Failed. Any help about how to send Mail please? Renewed thanks.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
choco said:
Good morning to all. Tried to send Mail but Message kept saying:-Mailing Failed. Any help about how to send Mail please? Renewed thanks.

To send mail successfully, you need to define SMTP0=
correctly.
Use EXACTLY the same gateway for outgoing mail in your Outlook (or whatever your PC mail client) and you should be OK.
Let me know If you still can't get it to work but in this case you would need to let me know your ISP name.
Just remember to restart the box after the change.

choco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
I am actually using a "yahoo.co.uk" Account and not my ISP's. My config was made as follows:-SMTP0=smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk Thanks.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
choco said:
I am actually using a "yahoo.co.uk" Account and not my ISP's. My config was made as follows:-SMTP0=smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk Thanks.

If you are still having problems with the mail sending, then you should use the ISP's outgoing mail.
You can still get the inbox mail from the yahoo.co.uk account.

choco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
Done as suggested by you m8. Mail sending works OK now. Many thanks.

choco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
Quote:-

" AUDIO=Y
This is a sound alert that you have got mail. Usually it is a *.wav file that is activated when a new message is loaded.
You can change it by uploading your preferred *.wav message. Leave the default as Y, otherwise change it to N if you don't want to get interruptions while you are watching your favourite movie.
AUDIO=Y"

Where is the pathway of the .wav file please? Thks.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
/var/tuxbox/config/tuxmail/tuxmail.wav(put_your_own_wave_here!)

If you have a suitable *.wav file, rename it to tuxmail.wav and using FTP overwrite the one above.
Delete the note

Let me know if it works.

choco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
Tried one but didn't work. Perhaps somebody who's tried it successfully will comment. Thks.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Check the CHMOD for the wav file and change it to 755 or 777
If this doesn't help, attach the file (if it is not a private message) and I will try to check it.

Please update your profile from the user CP: Location and system (Dish size, pointing to which satellite, receiver model, etc.)

choco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
I had already put chmod to 755. I attach the .wav file that I used. Thks.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Looks like this is not as easy as I thought, probably needs a certain format for the wav.
Leave it for the time being.
Just reload the previous file with 0 size, otherwise you will not get the default voice in German.

choco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
The default port for pop3 is 110. I need to access a pop3 server on port 995 (as I wish to also add a gmail user). Anybody knows how to do this pl? Thks.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
choco said:
The default port for pop3 is 110. I need to access a pop3 server on port 995 (as I wish to also add a gmail user). Anybody knows how to do this pl? Thks.

If you want to add another user, Copy > Paste all the config file lines that you have and then change all the "0" to "1" to the same file.
Then modify the data accordingly.
Save and FTP to your DreamBox
You can have up to 10 users.
Let me know if this works, as I am happy with just one user.

It is all in the begining of this thread or in the Idiot's guide.

Remember that another user can see your profile (especially passwords) and you can see his.

If the 2nd user is you, then you have nothing to worry about

As for the ports, I am not sure if this is relevant.

choco

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Spain
I had already put two (mine) and both worked satisfactorily (after changing data) then tried a gmail user (also mine) but the third one would not work. First User =0. 2nd =1 and third =2.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
choco said:
I had already put two (mine) and both worked satisfactorily (after changing data) then tried a gmail user (also mine) but the third one would not work. First User =0. 2nd =1 and third =2.

Back up your config file first.
Then try to setup only the gmail user in a new config file. (you should have a "virgin" backup copy if you have followed the thread in full, and see what happens.
Use UltraEdit and save as Unix file.
Once you get the gmail working OK, add the othe two as "1" and "2"

You probably need to experiment for sometime with the gmail setup until you get it to work. Focus also on Authentication.
Good Luck

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I don't want to discourage you, but it looks like the gmail will not work with tuxmail since DreamBox doesn't support SSL which is needed by the Google mail.
Please post your settings If you do get it to work
Thanks.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
As a workaround, perhaps you can setup your gmail address to copy/forward the messages to one of the other two e-mail addresses that you have and which can be read from your DreamBox.
Just be careful not to reply to these copies since this will reveal your other address, unintentionally.