Read e-mail messages using 7000S

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I read that there is a new version of tuxmail 1.42 but the addons in DreamBox shows only the tuxmail 1.41 to download.
If anybody has connection with German forums or websites, please find out and post a link to download the newer version. Thanks.

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West
Hi, First off I would like to thank HB13DISH for his excellent clear step by step guide. I have it working perfectly on one account, but am having problems adding a second.
I have pasted the second block of config lines and change all the '0' for '1', and edited the settings for the second account. My problem is how do I access the second account from the dreambox? I thought it maybe through a different pin code, but when I enter the second code it says 'incorrect code' try a different account, but how?
Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Regards,
Ollie

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
v9oly said:
Hi, First off I would like to thank HB13DISH for his excellent clear step by step guide. I have it working perfectly on one account, but am having problems adding a second.
I have pasted the second block of config lines and change all the '0' for '1', and edited the settings for the second account. My problem is how do I access the second account from the dreambox? I thought it maybe through a different pin code, but when I enter the second code it says 'incorrect code' try a different account, but how?
Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Regards,
Ollie

Hi Ollie,
Is the second account from the same ISP or is it perhaps a Google account?
A Google account will not work because it needs a security protocol.
If it isn't, then make a new configuration page, without any PIN codes and see what happens.
Good Luck

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500S & 7020s. Technomate 9100 & 1500. Force frontier fixed, Raven 90 fixed, Triax 90 motorised dish. Diablo & dragon cams.
My Location
South West
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, both accounts are from the same ISP/account (AOL). Both accounts have worked, but not at the same time.
Will try your suggestion, cheers.

Regards,
Ollie

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
Update:
I tried leaving the pin codes blank, but still only my account shows. Then inspiration struck! (ok a lucky guess). When my account shows there is a '0' in the top left hand corner, so I pressed '1' on the remote and up comes the second account (account I changed the 0's for 1's).

Also, I (lazily) edited the config file by right clicking it in Dreambox Control Center, although I appreciate that it would still be best to save on pc for future.
Thanks again for your instructions.

Regards,
Ollie

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
After a very boring day of experimentation I have finall managed to make a wav file work for the email notification. I Looked through the code in the config & bin files and noticed that the file in question should be a '12/24/48KHz wave file. I downloaded a trial version audio converter and set the output to a wav file @ 48KHz (couldn't fine any relevance to 12/24?). I then named the output file 'tuxmail.wav' and ftp'd it to the folder instructed by HB13Dish. Success!
The only problem I have is the quality of the audio after conversion, it seems to break up or crackle, especially on anything with even a simple tune/melody.
I have uploaded the best quality file I got out of the batch I tried.
Enjoy.

Regards,
Ollie

BonceChops

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 500, Dreambox 600PVR, Dreambox 7025+, Dreambox 7000, 1m dish on a Moteck SG2100
My Location
NW England
12/24/48Khz might mean 12Khz, 24Khz or 48Khz

v9oly

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
choco said:
I had already put chmod to 755. I attach the .wav file that I used. Thks.
Hi mate,
If you are still wanting to use this file I have converted it to 48KHz and uploaded it here. Chmod to 755 as you did before.
Tested and working 100%

Regards,
Ollie

langstone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000 (& 500s)
20G Hd/512 Usb,
Gemini 4.20 & Mgcamd 1.27,
Belkin router hard wired,
Dreambox Keyboard,
Dual Boot XP/Ubuntu
My Location
UK
Bought a keyboard on E-bay recently, have been delighted with E-Mail and Browser plugins and have also used it for entering keys. The full letters and numbers are available, both with Tuxcom and on Internet, but I have one or two minor problems.

When entering text, "?" character appears when using shift key.

Need to use the remote as well as keyboard, to perform some functions.

My mouse does not work. I have googled GPM but it sounds very complicated. Is there a simple solution?

Many thanks to HB13DISH for unlocking these treasures. Does anyone know if the keyboard is still in production and are the plugins likely to be updated?

A slightly improved browser screen resolution would be heaven.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
langstone said:
Bought a keyboard on E-bay recently, have been delighted with E-Mail and Browser plugins and have also used it for entering keys. The full letters and numbers are available, both with Tuxcom and on Internet, but I have one or two minor problems.

When entering text, "?" character appears when using shift key.

Need to use the remote as well as keyboard, to perform some functions.

My mouse does not work. I have googled GPM but it sounds very complicated. Is there a simple solution?

Many thanks to HB13DISH for unlocking these treasures. Does anyone know if the keyboard is still in production and are the plugins likely to be updated?

A slightly improved browser screen resolution would be heaven.

Hello langstone,
There is a thread about Keyboards for Dreambox and also in the Idiot's guide.

The best way to use the tuxmail and the Links web browser would be to buy a Dreambox Keyboard, but it is so expensive and I settled to using an A4 Tech keyboard w/o the keypad so it is as small as the DB kbrd, but has the slight inconvenience of the USB lead and yes you do need to use both the remote and the keyboard to input text and other functions.
I intend to test a wireless keyboard (RF NOT IR) when I have a bit of cash to spend. The problem is with the distance range since I need to use the kybrd from 3m and the RF ones are specified at 1.5m.

Google does not work well with the browser and it will hang the box.

You can make a list of your favourite websites and then upload it with FTP.
This will save you typing the URLs. Just make sure that each site works well and doesn't hang the box.

I am not sure about the ? problem. I will check it tonight. Maybe it depends on the keyboard model.

Mouse doesn't work.

I can expect the plugins to be updated, but I doubt if there will be any major breakthoroughs since the Links is basically a text browser and it had some major face uplifts so that you can see the pictures as well.

Enjoy surfing.

langstone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000 (& 500s)
20G Hd/512 Usb,
Gemini 4.20 & Mgcamd 1.27,
Belkin router hard wired,
Dreambox Keyboard,
Dual Boot XP/Ubuntu
My Location
UK
Hi HB13DISH,

Many thanks for your quick reply.

I'm terribly sorry that I have wasted your time by an imprecise message. It was a Dreambox keyboard I bought (for £12.50) and it is details of the Dreambox keyboard that I was seeking.

I had looked at the threads you described, before deciding to buy the item, and have found your messages to be of immense value.

I have been a satellite enthusiast for about ten years and had a 7000s for 4 years. Regretfully, I have not made much of a contribution to forums but normally find that people with greater knowledge seem to answer requests before I can.

Regards,

Langstone

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Hi langstone,
No problem. You made a very good deal with the original keyboard.
You can try to contact Dream Multimedia and ask for the information that you need. But I doubt if they will respond.
Try posting a new thread. I think few members have it and maybe they can help you.

Hope to see more contributions from you in the near future. I don't think that there is a race who answers first. It is important to give the correct information, or to add something extra if you think that it can help the o/p.
Sometimes just agreeing to a reply can have an added weight.

Good Luck

purplehorse

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db 500s
My Location
M.E.
Hi HB13DISH,

Thanks for the excel. Tuxmail guide.
I wander though if it's possible to
control the font the mail content
is introduced with.

Thx

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
purplehorse said:
Hi HB13DISH,

Thanks for the excel. Tuxmail guide.
I wander though if it's possible to
control the font the mail content
is introduced with.

Thx

Thanks. If you mean Hebrew, then the answer is no.