Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbital 80cm Dish,
Inverto 'Black Series' 0.2dB Twin LNB,
Moteck DiSEqC 1.2 motor,
Dreambox 500s
My Location
manchester
Firstly hopefully this is the right section for this question, appologies if it is just a stupid question.
What is the main reason for wanting to pick up 1W, 30W, 13E, 19E (been told these ar the main sats) is this mainly for football and other sports?
I have been on lyngsat and looked at what is on these sats and only a few channels look useful.
I will be joining a private cs and will mainly be on 28e so was wondering should I really spend the extra money on a motorised setup if I will be on 28e most of the time.

Thanks

Sully

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
There are many reasons:

1. Because we can

2. As you say, for those so inclined, Sports etc Packages

3. Eclectic taste (Happy with other Languages)

4. Feed Hunting (News, Sports, etc.)

5. Variety

No doubt there are others ................

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
You might of answered your own question. Unless any of the other satellites offer programming that might interest you, it may not be worth spending the money to upgrade. Of course having access across the arc gives wider viewing options with the majority of channels requiring a valid subscription.

Thread moved from dish set section.

hungabunga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbital 80cm Dish,
Moteck DiSEqC 1.2 motor,
Dreambox 500s
My Location
manchester
Satalliteman thanks for moving the post, just getting used to the site and not familiar with all the sections.
I was looking for that type of answer, I gathered people may want to pick up a channels from another country that was not avaliable here and also the sky italia on 13e.
I just didn't know if there would be a whole host of things I would be missing and didn't want to go to the expense of setting up a static dish only to find out there is some big reason to look at the other sats.
I am told the cs has subs for a lot of things but will find out when I get my box and dish. I may just hook it up to the minidish we have and then spend money on better dish.

Thanks

Sully

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
If you like your footy there are a few free to air channels that can be viewed, see here: _http://liveonsat.com/dailypage.php

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
hungabunga said:
What is the main reason for wanting to pick up 1W, 30W, 13E, 19E (been told these ar the main sats) is this mainly for football and other sports?
Well main reason for 1W is there is a package with broken encryption.

Here's a short list of a few of the FTA things I watch:

• 45E = Films in English (Prima TV)
  • 42E = Films in English (TNT)
  • 28E = Loads of stuff. (I have a 21.5€ sub)
  • 26E = Fox movies/series, MBC 2/3/4/Action/Persia/Dubai 1 + sports. (I have an Al Jazerra sub)
  • 19.2E = Eurosport De, Spanish local channels.
  • 13E = lot of Italian stuff
  • 9E = Bollywood films (when I'm bored), ESPN.
  • 1W = Poker
  • 5W = French national channels
  • 7W = JSC2
  • 12.5W = QOOB, Elite League Speedway feeds
  • 30W = Nothing! It's to far to send the dish and most things are duplicated on 19.2E

hungabunga

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbital 80cm Dish,
Moteck DiSEqC 1.2 motor,
Dreambox 500s
My Location
manchester
That is great info, I think will get the first setup done with the minidish and get 28E working. Will give me time to get to know how to scan and possibly setup NewCS with CCam (is this still needed for new sky cards)
Once I have everything up and running I can always hook up a second feed via diseq to the motorised dish.

Thanks again for all your help.

Sully