LNB: 3B Electronica Universal 0,3dB
My Location
Menorca
Hi All,
I have a
RECEIVER: Pace DS430N
DISH: 1.3m
which I use for 6 months of the year in Menorca Spain and when I tried to reinstall the system I did get a menu screen and it did connect for about 10 minutes witha good picture (BBC News) then it turned to a green screen permanantly with no picture or menu, nothing.
Does any one have an idea what is wrong or is it time for a new box!

Regards

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Don't know what you mean by re-install the system

If it is has only just been switched on after six months off then it has missed a load of OTA updates. It could be lots of things, but never heard of a green screen before.

I would suggest you do a forced update (or perhaps that is what you mean by re-install system) to get the lastest software in the stb. Power down, plug out, press backup button and power on holding backup button in until 3 lights come on the front, wait 10 to 15 minutes then press sky button, what have you got to lose....

stocksie

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 2110
Technomate 5200D
Porty 2 S Crest SL65
1m H-H Lidl 80cm on TM2200
Lidl 40cm on Omnisat.
My Location
Plymouth UK
The green screen is probably the TV indicating no signal from the Box.
Be aware that you must NEVER do the forced up date abroad unless you are certain
you have a good signal on the default transponder 11778 V plenty of info re this on this site. There are many "doorstops" in Spain when the default channel fades half way through an update!!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
stocksie said:
Be aware that you must NEVER do the forced up date abroad unless you are certain
you have a good signal on the default transponder 11778 V plenty of info re this on this site. There are many "doorstops" in Spain when the default channel fades half way through an update!!

Sound advice indeed but as I mentioned in my post I suspect he has already done that hence doing it again

Topper said:
what have you got to lose....

coldcarib

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
RECEIVER: Pace DS430N
DISH: 1.3m
My Location
Menorca
Hi,
I havent done a forced update , what I meant was I took down the dish and un plugged the receiver as I was away from the house for 6 months and then I refitted the dish and lnb and reconnected the receiver.
We are getting poor weather at the moment.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
coldcarib said:
Hi,
I havent done a forced update , what I meant was I took down the dish and un plugged the receiver as I was away from the house for 6 months and then I refitted the dish and lnb and reconnected the receiver.
We are getting poor weather at the moment.

I understand now, you 'pack it away for the winter' then re-install in the spring. OK, so how can you be sure nothing has moved in the wind since you did the re-install or re-erection of the dish? Are you sure the F-connectors are not shorted out?, are you running on Scart or RF output? I once had a problem with my sony when an update went in and the default RF out channel settings were changed by the update and I had to re-tune my TV or connect up by scart and use the AV.

It is difficult to advise but stb's sometimes don't take kindly to being switched off and stored especially if stored in the wrong temperatire or conditions.
Perhaps a friend or collegue can lend you their stb and you can double check or take yours to their home and check?