Receiver problems

r0adrunner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish to Hotbird, Technomate 1500 CI+ receiver
My Location
UK
I performed a factory re-set on my receiver (Technomate 1500 CI+ Super) and now when I try to re-scan the channels (from Hotbird) I get no channels at all. I followed all the manual instructions.

I bought this receiver 3 years ago and it was amde in 2006. Is it likely that is has now exceeded its lifespan?

I am trying to get it to accept an Al Jazeera Sport+ (JSC) Viaccess smart card using an official Viaccess CAM, without success. I have used the receiver's own multicrypt CAM in the past but this will not de-scramble the JSC +9 channel.

Should I buy a new receiver or have this one repaired?

If I buy a new receiver, can anyone recommend one? I need one to watch hotbird channels and with a slot to be able to insert a CAM. An embedded CAM might also be useful.

Many thanks for any help.

NukePower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Bush HD freesat & 2 modified 2nd hand Technomate boxes. 43 & 1000cm dishes, selection of lnb's & couple of motor. Desktop computer, windows XP home. BT slowband. Used (£7) digital camera from charity shop.
My Location
sizewell suffolk
Go to the Technomate site and download their latest sofware for your box. See if that solves your problem.
NP

r0adrunner

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish to Hotbird, Technomate 1500 CI+ receiver
My Location
UK
The channels scanned in normally after turning the receiver on and off!

Will the software on the Technomate 1500 CI+ Super website _http://www.technomate.com/software_updates.php?model=TM-1000CI++%26+TM-1500CI%2B resolve the problem of the official Viaccess CAM being unable to open the channels from the Al Jazeera Sport+ (JSC) Viaccess smart card which I enter into the CAM?

PS. The smart card still opens 9 of the 10 JSC channels using the receiver's own CAM.

[nolink]Admin[/nolink]