receiver with a good sensitive tuner?

maniacop32

satmaniac ,DIY man
Reaction score
hi guys .i need your opinion on this. i m after areceiver with the most sensitive tuner possible for fringe reception. any ideas or suggestions ?it doesn tmatter if its a common interface or with an emmbeded cam and extra slots.just name one .

steffan_st

A bit enthusiastic
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 125 L, Smart Titanium lnb with CD-80 feedhorn, Moteck SG-2500, Azbox HD Premium+, some 5 meters of good quality coax
My Location
Sweden
If it isn't a Sky digibox your after I suggest you get a Humax,I have a Humax 8100 PVR myself and it's very sensitive compared to others I have tried.

I read a post in another forum about a dx guy who had 5 different recievers,a Nokia 9900 or 9902 or 9802(can't remember which one),3 others and then a Humax 5400.His 5400 had by far the most sensitive tuner.

Some dx:ers use Nokia models with the 1026a tuner but I think they use the Nokia's most because they can use the DVB-2000 software with them.

Don't do the mistake and buy one of those cheap Chinese made recievers,
they often have a very bad tuner.

I also have a Coship 2300a and the tuner is very bad compared to the Humax,in some ways I guess you get what you pay for.

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
I have a technomate 5500CI Plus receiver and before I bought it tonnes of people said it has a good tuner. In comparison to my SkyStar2 card it is definately the case.