receiving digital BBCi programs in Berlin

keenite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA receiver
My Location
Berlin, GErmany
Hello,
I'm sure this question has been asked before, so thanks in advance for your patience.
What receiver do I need to receive the FTA BBCi channels on, for example, the Sky digital bouquet on Astra 2B south (12441 V)?
If I understand correctly, even though these BBC programs are free to air, I still need a special receiver in order to receive them. Do I also need some kind of card as well?. According to the footprint, there should be no problem receiving these channels in Berlin with a 1-meter dish.
I currently have a Humax 5400, but to my knowledge it is not able to receive these kinds of digital signals.
Many thanks in advance for your help,
Dave

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
A sky box usually does the "Red button" stuff, and there's no need for a card with BBC channels and content as they're free-to-air... :)

However, you should be able to see the BBCi feeds on a real (I.E. Non-sky) satellite reciever as individual channels rather than having to navigate through menus to access the extra content... :)

keenite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA receiver
My Location
Berlin, GErmany
"sky box" is the name of the receiver, or the type?

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
"sky box" is a receiver type. There are a number of manufacturers of sky boxes. They are all specifically designed for receiving Sky satellite transmissions.