reception in india q?

twobrutalcouk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none..
My Location
india
im not sure of the sky sat footprint in and around india (asia (if any)) and was wondering if there is any way of getting a signal..
mainly interested in motorsports channels so if anyone has any recommendations other than sky motors channel please reply..:p
i get star sports and espn but hardly any motorsport coverage..
tia
sorry should add i am in delhi..

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
twobrutalcouk said:
im not sure of the sky sat footprint in and around india (asia (if any)) and was wondering if there is any way of getting a signal..
mainly interested in motorsports channels so if anyone has any recommendations other than sky motors channel please reply..:p
tia

Bad news on Sky I'm afraid twobrutal.
Delhi is at 107degE so you might expect to see satellites from about 67degE to 147degE. On the equator at 107degE you could see to 17degE, just. But at 28degN (Delhi). the Sky sat, at 28.2E, is probably even below the horizon.
Even if it is just still above the horizon and you could see it, there will be no signal spilling to Delhi. Already a 3 m dish is needed at Cyprus. Google for the Astra 28.2E footprint and convince yourself.

gauch21

I need a RedBull
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
HOTBIRD 4/6 & NSS6 ON ZENEGA CD-1005S with 1 CI-slot & 1 smart-card reader (CONAX Embedded), DISEqC SWITCH, MATRIX O3ZONE LOADED WITH UCAS3.2 & MR 1.220
My Location
India
twobrutalcouk said:
tia

you could probably use a 3m dish for hotbird. there are some pure motor sports channels available on TPS and others, which you can view