iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
technomate 6900,,and invacom 0.3 quad lnb
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
hi all got two meters at the minute trimax 3500 working fine ,but find it fiddly and a satlook g2 that has no backlight,so thought about looking at another meter,must have nit function and spectrum can anyon suggest a decent meter around the 350 mark,been looking atbthe smartmeter s10 or s20 ,but the spectrum doesnt look very good can any body confirm or have any suggestions cheers iwols

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
anyone used a satlink ws 6979 meter please

gibertini

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HDSE SIM 2.10 80CM ORBITAL FIXED@28.2E
My Location
53.6N 2.4W
second hand rover master stc can be got for around £200 and has dvbs/s2/t/c and spectrum function. satlink meters are ok for the odd install but not for the serious installer/enthusiast imo

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
come on guys itching for a new toy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Bought a Master STC for temporary use whilst my meter is in for repair, perhaps it's because I've been spoiled with using the Televes H45, but wasn't impressed with the STC, actually prefer using my old Satlook NIT and that's what I've been using for the last month.

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
thanks rolfw just ordered the satlink hd5 slim looks ok on paper will write a review when it comes if any one is interested cheers

mickwig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
240cm Raven Offset, Invacomm Quad LNB;
120 cm Kathrein PF Polarmount, Kathrein Quattro LNB
90cm Astra1 dish;
Samsung LED TV with built-in DVB-S, Panasonic BlueRay Rec with Twin-Tuner, Panasonic BSkyB-Box 1.Generation; TBS5925 USB Card
My Location
49.77N;11.41E Pottenstein, Germany
thanks rolfw just ordered the satlink hd5 slim looks ok on paper will write a review when it comes if any one is interested cheers
Please do write a review. I have been toying with the idea myself. The bloke who runs the shop rates the satfinder 5 beeing a lot higher than the satlink devices because of its real time spectrum analyzer. I talked to him on the phone not so long ago.

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
will do what did he say mickwig

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
it has nit as well which a lot dont have

mickwig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Astra1 dish;
Samsung LED TV with built-in DVB-S, Panasonic BlueRay Rec with Twin-Tuner, Panasonic BSkyB-Box 1.Generation; TBS5925 USB Card
My Location
will do what did he say mickwig
He said, that he would recommend the Satfinder. Because of its quick and real-time measuring. The Satlink device takes some time to refresh the values.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
My old Satlook was rather slow locking satellites, if, sometimes, at all! Took at least a second and usually more to lock and/or update the signal quality reading. Something the FS1 metre doesn't suffer from. Can't comment on any others though

A

archive10

My old Satlook was rather slow locking satellites, if, sometimes, at all! Took at least a second and usually more to lock and/or update the signal quality reading. Something the FS1 metre doesn't suffer from. Can't comment on any others though
CJ, I'm looking to get an FS1. However, their e-mail response time sucks - no repsonse for three months. And all I wanted was to find a local distributor...
But really, does this meter live up to the hype? I mostly use this to align dishes. Don't need video-decoding. But I do need reading the DVB-SI and showing PMTs for single muxes. Don't thingk the FS1 does that...

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
You're right, it lacks NIT and PMT. But it's very quick in locking signals - will lock it just by sweeping the dish across the arc. It also shows C/N ratio when there isn't enough signal for lock, which I find very helpful. It won't lock DVB-S2 but does show C/N ratio.

A

archive10

You're right, it lacks NIT and PMT. But it's very quick in locking signals - will lock it just by sweeping the dish across the arc. It also shows C/N ratio when there isn't enough signal for lock, which I find very helpful. It won't lock DVB-S2 but does show C/N ratio.
Hmm... actually, if I had to choose, I'd have the signal read-out and lock over NIT and PMT.
When aligning dishes, the meat is in he signal to noise ration, I'd rather have quick-readout than PMT. But ideally, both!

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
well im going to recommend a meter myself the satfinder hd 5 slim,im no sat installer but i have owned both the satlook g2 and the trimax 3500 and i must say this meter walks all over both ,it is very quick has nit and spectrum analyzer along with other things,it also lets you save the spectrum for a sat and overlay it over the changing spectrum so you can find the sat your on by the overlay.screen is more than ok and battery life seams ok,editing is by a simple usb stick instead of the usual serial interface,will do a further review if enough people are interested,must say first signs are very positive and thats the first time ive said that about any meter which i have purchased,will post some pics as well if anyone is interested when i have more time

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Very good - what sort of price is it (My Google is broken!)?

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
329 euro from germany plus postage

mickwig

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm Astra1 dish;
My Location
well im going to recommend a meter myself the satfinder hd 5 slim,im no sat installer but i have owned both the satlook g2 and the trimax 3500 and i must say this meter walks all over both ,it is very quick has nit and spectrum analyzer along with other things,it also lets you save the spectrum for a sat and overlay it over the changing spectrum so you can find the sat your on by the overlay.screen is more than ok and battery life seams ok,editing is by a simple usb stick instead of the usual serial interface,will do a further review if enough people are interested,must say first signs are very positive and thats the first time ive said that about any meter which i have purchased,will post some pics as well if anyone is interested when i have more time
Very interested. Especially the Cross-Polarisation function!!

iwol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
channel master 1.2m dish
satlook micro
My Location
yorkshire
hi all quick demo video i made available soon

Last edited: