Recommendation for quad LNB please.

DishDick

Regular Member
My Satellite Setup
.
My Location
Gran Canaria

Hi, looking to replace a number of quad LNBs I and friends have, (LNBs don´t last long in this weather -hot and sunny :):):)). Have a number where the feed covers are failing and ones which are losing frequency extremes (CH4HD etc) :mad:. They will be fitted on 1M Dishes to receive Astra/Eurobird at 28e and 1M Dishes pointing to BADR at 26. Going to try the ever popular Inverto Black Ultra, the Sharp (not sure of the model) and the Invacom. Any others I should try. Looking obviously for good results on fringe channels and durability of construction (resistance to UVA/UVB and heat).



Thanks
 
Well I've got a Black Ultra and it certainly works well. Construction wise, its got a matt black body and a white LNB cap. For UV resistance, black plastics generally last a lot longer but will get hotter in the midday sun. Funnily enough, we don't have the problem of LNBs melting in the heat here in blighty! I think this is a case of "suck it and see".
 
It's an interesting issue because one might think that LNB designs would account for the less temperate weather experienced in many parts of the world other than the UK but, to the best of my knowledge, what one might buy here is the same as in the Mediterranean area, Asia etc.etc.

Anyone know different?
 
You may remember that last year, my Black Ultra gave up the ghost after a bout of very hot weather here (35°-40°) I did source it from France I think and it's replacement came from Germany. I've never noticed any difference and I do think they are built to a common worldwide standard. The only theme in common is the fact that DishDick's and mine were on 1M dishes. Mine failed on a brick red coloured Gibi and I wonderd if the colour (and lack of reflection) had anything to do with it. Unless we get more failures, I guess it's only speculation. Might it be worth considering some sort of heat shield??
 
Try the Inverto Silver Tech 0.2dB Quad. Bought mine from pulsat website and i have had it for over 3 years. From my experience, the Inverto sliver tech has out performed the Inverto ultra black quad lnb in both durability and signal gain here in Kenya, Nairobi. I use it for fringe reception of Badr 5/6 and also Nilesat [ Atlantic bird 4a ]
 
Hi, Kungu,
Mauritius is situated @20.23* south /57.45* east. I wish to install an LNB bar (to get 36*E and 15.8*E-
south equator beams) My offset dish is 150 cm wide by 165 cm high. What brotherly tips you may favour me.I do not know where to place (at what distance) the two SMART titanium 0,1 dB LNB TS (HD TV)...
Thanks in advance for your reply.
Best Wishes.
 
Back
Top